Detail Weekend 2011

W

wallywax

1 or 2 days. I am there! I can use some rotary practice on my Focus :).

G

Gus-Gus

Hey everyone I had a great time, though I was really tired on Sunday! I wanted to thank Steve for holding the event and everyone else who helped, it was a great help having so many knowledgable people there. A special thanks for Gus, you really helped me out a lot, with the PC and the advice. I think now that I got most of the scratches and swirls out of my paint (there are some scratches on the passenger side I want to work more on) I will try the polish with carnauba next time. =)

Glad to help Nin... although you did all the hard work i just stood by and threatened the occasional kidney punch :) Your car looked awesome when you were finished though! like i said some things wont ever come out and only you will notice them.. just try not to let it drive you up a wall :)

I still say the flake would have looked good with PwCB but maybe next time :)

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
Glad to help Nin... although you did all the hard work i just stood by and threatened the occasional kidney punch :) Your car looked awesome when you were finished though! like i said some things wont ever come out and only you will notice them.. just try not to let it drive you up a wall :)

I still say the flake would have looked good with PwCB but maybe next time :)

That threatened kidney punch is why the passenger side didn't get all the attention I wanted to give it! lol You told me I had 15 minutes to finish with the PP@ and get onto the next step or "KAPOW!" I know that I'll always see them because I know they're there, but I know with more time I could've gotten more of the scratches on the passenger side to be much less noticeable.

I'll try the PwCB at the fall detailing event! =)

edit: I usually take the train to work but I drove in today so I could look out the window and stare at my car today. :D

G

Gus-Gus

That threatened kidney punch is why the passenger side didn't get all the attention I wanted to give it! lol You told me I had 15 minutes to finish with the PP@ and get onto the next step or "KAPOW!" I know that I'll always see them because I know they're there, but I know with more time I could've gotten more of the scratches on the passenger side to be much less noticeable.

I'll try the PwCB at the fall detailing event! =)

edit: I usually take the train to work but I drove in today so I could look out the window and stare at my car today. :D

Hah you told me you only had a small section on the read quarter panel to do.. lol! Oh well.. i will bring my machine back in the fall and you can spend as much time on the car as you want :)

I swear i said take as much time as you want im only kidding.. although i may have thought it and never said it!

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
Hah you told me you only had a small section on the read quarter panel to do.. lol! Oh well.. i will bring my machine back in the fall and you can spend as much time on the car as you want :)

I swear i said take as much time as you want im only kidding.. although i may have thought it and never said it!

If you didn't kidney punch me I think Gina might have. LOL

G

Gus-Gus

If you didn't kidney punch me I think Gina might have. LOL

Yeah she was getting a little angry waiting around.. i should have let her throw a coat of wax on my car since i didnt get a chance to..

Love the sign language lesson by the wya.. i have used it quite a few times since then..

Think she would have been mad if i suggested a Spray and Gloss wipe down after all of the other steps?

S

Supereco06

Hey I just wanted to thank everyone for a fantastic weekend. This was my first poorboys event and certainly not my last! The colorado still looks fantastic even after the rain.

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
Think she would have been mad if i suggested a Spray and Gloss wipe down after all of the other steps?

I don't know if anything else was happening after the wax. We were both hungry. LOL

I bought a bottle of S&G so can do that now! lol

I did a spray and wipe this morning before I left for work since it rained on me. Maybe when I get home I'll do another S&W followed by a S&G...

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Hey I just wanted to thank everyone for a fantastic weekend. This was my first poorboys event and certainly not my last! The colorado still looks fantastic even after the rain.

Glad to have you Dave .. yes your Colorado's paint was just like a pool of water as was the Solstice ..

B

Bassman007

Hey, What's up folks! I must say I had quite an experience this past weekend..I'll be sure to be prompt in the fall so I can get more done...I learned quite a bit, and I did like the way my car looked at the end of the day..