Black Hole over Natty's?

A

aalves

You can use any light polish. It is all preference. All Poorboys light polishes are very easy to use and all achieve great results. If I am feeling lazy and just want a 1 step polish and wax I usually go with Polish with Carnauba Blue. It does a great job of fine polishing, removing very light swirls, has great hiding ability and leaves a layer of protection behind. If I am in need of a light polish and want to glaze, paste wax and or seal by hand afterwards I would either go with SSR1 or Pro Polish. Sometimes I even use PwCB and add a glaze, and paste wax such as Nattys Blue after. Have fun with it and try different things :)

Thank you. I guess that SSR1 is to use with the machine and I don't use it. I started detailing for a year now and I'm still quite a noobie, so I like to keep it simple. Don't wanna mess up. :)

W

wallywax

A PC "porter cable" is very easy to use. A great investment for any detailer! Makes your work 10x easier. I highly recommend it. After you become a PC expert step up to the rotary.

sscully

Advanced Helper
So is ok to layer BH and Nattys? For instance usually after every wash I would throw a coat of Nattys on. Will it be ok to BH by hand and nattys blue after every wash for that extra hiding ability and protection?

I put up some pictures in the thread on Natty's over QW+/QD+ some time ago that you helped me on.

I can't say much for longevity, it has not been a month yet. It did make a noticeable difference from where I did the layer to where I did not. I was expecting something, but not that much.

Thread : Application of Natty's after QW+ / QD+
Pictures are at the end of the thread.
http://poorboysworld.net/board/showthread.php?1386-Application-of-Natty-s-after-QW-QD

A

aalves

A PC "porter cable" is very easy to use. A great investment for any detailer! Makes your work 10x easier. I highly recommend it. After you become a PC expert step up to the rotary.

I would like to have one but i'm gonna wait a little more.
I'm still "studding" the products you told me and still don't know what to choose. :) So PwC and PwS have some "filling" abilities. A glaze after will do the "filling" it is supposed to do? Or because the fillers are already fulfilled will not have the same abilities? (sorry if I don't explained correctly :))
And SSR1 Light Abrasive Swirl Remover is least aggressive and could be use by hand to and to clean the paint?

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
not to thread hijack...too much.... but I have a question, I asked this on autogeek a while back but it still confounds me. If you layer a wax on top of a glaze shouldn't the glaze last as long as the wax does, doesn't the wax seal it in?

Finally does using a glaze reduce the life expectancy of a sealant? i.e. white diamond then EX-P, will the EX-P's life be shortened by layering it on top of the white diamond vs not using a glaze at all?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
sorry never saw the post ... yes it should last as long as the wax covering it .... sealants shouldn't be any different as long as the glaze has no oils, like Black Hole and White Diamond