Black Hole over Natty's?

mcate

Advanced Helper
My Mustang got it's annual full detail (clay, SSR1, Black Hole, EX-P, 5 coats of Natty's Blue) back in March. I've given it "refresher" coats of Blue every few weeks throughout the summer. I remember Steve telling me a ways back to throw a coat of Black Hole on top to give it that extra pop. Never tried it until yesterday, & I really like it. The pics probably don't show it, but the Black Hole really seemed to take the car to a new level of depth & wetness. Thanx for the idea, Steve!

DSC_1151.jpg

DSC_1152.jpg

DSC_1153.jpg

DSC_1154.jpg

ronkh

Da King
Very nice !!!!

But I think I may be able to do better......

Gimme the car for a few weeks and let me try........... :)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Looks great as always Mike ... these ideas are all about the user ... I believe it was a street rodder with a very expensive paint job that told me he was putting Black Hole on top of Natty's ...I told him it wouldn't last .. he said who cares, my car is glowing ... I told him he should still put another coat of wax over it ... to each their own, but at least he shared his experiences, and that is what this board should be all about ;)

Scott P

Advanced Helper
Since Black Hole has a very mild cleaning ability, would it remove any of the wax beneath it? I assume hand application with a soft foam applicator would minimize that risk?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Since Black Hole has a very mild cleaning ability, would it remove any of the wax beneath it? I assume hand application with a soft foam applicator would minimize that risk?

it's really not a cleaner but I imagine the carrier solvents could remove something if applied with a machine ... yes I'd probably go with a hand application if you were trying not to remove protection, but if you are not worried about protection, ie a show car or garage queen, then application wouldn't matter.

mcate

Advanced Helper
Thanx for the compliments! I'll probably throw another coat of liquid blue on it before the show this Saturday.

A

aalves

it's really not a cleaner but I imagine the carrier solvents could remove something if applied with a machine ... yes I'd probably go with a hand application if you were trying not to remove protection, but if you are not worried about protection, ie a show car or garage queen, then application wouldn't matter.

What could be use to prepare the paint for BH, removing old setups?

W

wallywax

So is ok to layer BH and Nattys? For instance usually after every wash I would throw a coat of Nattys on. Will it be ok to BH by hand and nattys blue after every wash for that extra hiding ability and protection?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
So is ok to layer BH and Nattys? For instance usually after every wash I would throw a coat of Nattys on. Will it be ok to BH by hand and nattys blue after every wash for that extra hiding ability and protection?

should have no problems .. but once in a while you should strip it all down ;)

A

aalves

If you do not need correction, you could do a quick PwC or PwS ...then Black Hole and then Natty's Blue

You're talking about Polish with Carnauba or Polish with sealant correct? Just checking. :)
I'm quite a noobie on these things. The polish isn't to apply by machine? It's easy and safe for a noobie to use? :oops:
And since one has carnauba and the other sealant, it is ok to use a glaze after? I thought that after one of those products the next step would be a wax.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
You're talking about Polish with Carnauba or Polish with sealant correct? Just checking. :)
I'm quite a noobie on these things. The polish isn't to apply by machine? It's easy and safe for a noobie to use? :oops:
And since one has carnauba and the other sealant, it is ok to use a glaze after? I thought that after one of those products the next step would be a wax.

yes those are the two ... it can be done by hand or machine ;)

after either it is ok to add the glaze as long as it is topped again by a wax to seal it in.

W

wallywax

You can use any light polish. It is all preference. All Poorboys light polishes are very easy to use and all achieve great results. If I am feeling lazy and just want a 1 step polish and wax I usually go with Polish with Carnauba Blue. It does a great job of fine polishing, removing very light swirls, has great hiding ability and leaves a layer of protection behind. If I am in need of a light polish and want to glaze, paste wax and or seal by hand afterwards I would either go with SSR1 or Pro Polish. Sometimes I even use PwCB and add a glaze, and paste wax such as Nattys Blue after. Have fun with it and try different things :)