Opinion on setup (Black Hole + Exp-P)

A

aalves

Thin is the answer. Apply thin coats.
Did you use a DA?

No. By hand.

Hey Aalves

Process should be as follows for applying Black Hole topped with Ex-P

Apply the black hole by hand or machine. It does not have a "cure" time per say but you should wait till it flashes (pretty quick process). This will leave a light haze on the paints finish.

After the BH has flashed you will need to take a new clean microfiber towel and buff off the residue left behind (I think this is the part you are skipping)

You can than apply the EX-P it will need about 30 mins to haze over buff it off than keep it dry for 24hours so it can cure.

-Chris

I did exactly what you describe Pockets. :) I had buff off the Black Hole. Probably some leftovers that were in the paint...

A

aalves

Hey guys! I promised some photos and totally forgot!! But it's better late than never so...

mic0.jpg

bgtw.jpg

So not the best photos to see the actual results and looks like Imageshack took a bit of definition of them, but, this is the result of BH + EX-P + Natty's.

I'm thinking about the combo for this summer. I definitely go with BH and Natty's but not sure about the extra work time with EX-P.

What are your thoughts about BH + 2/3 layers of Natty's Bue?

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
I wanted to take a min to chime in as well

When I first started, like most of us, I got really into the weeds and wondered about the degradation of sealant applied over a glaze. Most communities tell you that it will cause issues but no one I found could ever quantify it. I think for the average user who reapplies every 6 mo or less you will not even notice, I never have.

Your summer plan is good but if you are doing 3 coats of Natty's you really are not saving more than a few hours over night from applying EX-P and two coats of Natty's. It really depends on the weather and if you have a place to let the sealant cure. Personally I like a nice coat of sealant as a base, remember you can always add more wax after a wash if you want.

BTW if you like blue, you will love red.
(my .02)

A

aalves

Thank you for your opinion. :)

Unfortunately, Natty's Red is no longer available for me to buy.

I have a place for sealant to cure. I really loved the aspect of the car after this, but I was thinking if the EX-P didn't hide a bit the amazing BH.
Sometimes the differences are difficult to see, so I can only wonder.

A

aalves

Don't know.
It was available on the store but not any more. Red wasn't a limited edition?