Opinion on setup (Black Hole + Exp-P)

A

aalves

Hi guys!

I'm planning to strip the LSP's in my black Polo in the end of the month and start fresh. :smt004
Now the doubt is what setup to use next. I'm looking for durability and if I get the looks too, good.
So, now my car haves Black Hole and Natty's. But I only got about three months of protection and my car sleeps in a garage. Probably the durability has shorten because of the intense raining that was going on during this past months.

I got Black Hole and I just love it. It gives a deep and wet look and really disguises minor imperfections and in a black car that really comes in handy. :p
I was thinking that next I could put a sealant just to give that extra durability. Thought about buying EX-P because I've read that the best combo in a metallic black car is a synthetic sealant and on top of it, a carnauba wax. But I also read that sealants work better with fresh paint and that will have bonding issues with the glaze underneath. What do you thing about this?

And what to do to get the best from it?

Black Hole + EX-P + Natty's
EX-P + Natty's
Black Hole + Natty's

Thanks for reading! :smt040

Last edited:

heck

Advanced Helper
I haveused Black Hole and many times applied EX-P allow to cure and coat with Natty's, after the first wash, apply another coat of Natty's... Your good to go and it will look amazing..Black Hole + EX-P + Natty's

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I haveused Black Hole and many times applied EX-P allow to cure and coat with Natty's, after the first wash, apply another coat of Natty's... Your good to go and it will look amazing..Black Hole + EX-P + Natty's

yes, what Heck said and if you want a slightly deeper look, use EX instead of EX-P ;)

A

aalves

yes, what Heck said and if you want a slightly deeper look, use EX instead of EX-P ;)

Thank you both. :)
So no problem with bonding issues between BH and EX-P...

Ex is for a deeper look and EX-P for a more reflective look. Since I will have the deeper look of BH and Natty's, I thought that EX-P was the best choice and probably with more durability. But I've got to confess that I'm still in doubt about this ones! :smile:

A

aalves

So, next week I'll buy some products and I'm still between EX and EX-P. Really don't know which one to pick! In terms of durability they are the same or the EX-P being an synthetic sealant will have more durability?

A

aalves

So, I decided to bring EX-P. Let's see if the extra work will worth it. :)

A

aalves

Forum Rules: "No pictures it did not happen" LOL

Lol you're absolutely right.
I was planning to start on Wednesday but had a few personal problems so didn't touch the car at all. Probably tomorrow I will start the task.

A

aalves

So... today I use Black Hole and then EX-P. I was reading the instructions and read that it should be applied in clean paint, so I was thinking if putting the Black Hole was a mistake. But you guys told me it was ok and a lot of people use this combo, so I carried on. But as I was going, I notice that the pad was getting purple so the Black Hole was coming off. Little frustrated... :sad:

E

eamon

So... today I use Black Hole and then EX-P. I was reading the instructions and read that it should be applied in clean paint, so I was thinking if putting the Black Hole was a mistake. But you guys told me it was ok and a lot of people use this combo, so I carried on. But as I was going, I notice that the pad was getting purple so the Black Hole was coming off. Little frustrated... :sad:

I think once you put on the BH you leave it cure, and remove it before applying the EX-P

A

aalves

But I always read that Black Hole has no curing time... Including here on the forum.
Between BH and EX-P passed about 2h30 hours.

ronkh

Da King
Relax !!!!! Should be fine. Keep going, look at finished product. (take pics) It will change looks over the period or 12 - 24 hours too.

A

aalves

But you still need to wipe it off before applying EX-P

But I did that! :) I applied it, work it, I let the product dry and then I buff it.

Relax !!!!! Should be fine. Keep going, look at finished product. (take pics) It will change looks over the period or 12 - 24 hours too.

But I don't think that this situation is normal. The microfiber applicator shouldn't have the color of Black Hole when applying EX-P that is almost white.

I'll probably will have to do this again in a couple of months. I'm guessing that I'll not have the best protection because of this situation.

It could be leftovers of Black Hole that came out?

P

Pockets

Hey Aalves

Process should be as follows for applying Black Hole topped with Ex-P

Apply the black hole by hand or machine. It does not have a "cure" time per say but you should wait till it flashes (pretty quick process). This will leave a light haze on the paints finish.

After the BH has flashed you will need to take a new clean microfiber towel and buff off the residue left behind (I think this is the part you are skipping)

You can than apply the EX-P it will need about 30 mins to haze over buff it off than keep it dry for 24hours so it can cure.

-Chris