Detailing paying off

C

Concours.John

when do we get to see them :smt045

Both cars are on the Mecum Indy site. The Pantera is pre detail after driven two weeks. The Daytona may need the engine pulled to do the engine bay, exterior and interior are straight forward.

mcate

Advanced Helper
I imagine you've contacted Brenspeed? If so, what did they have to say? That's the down side of traveling to have work done. If you need to go back for anything, it's not exactly cheap to get it there or easy. Good luck. Curious of what the outcome is.

I called them. They said they'd warranty their work, but tried to talk me through troubleshooting it myself. The impression I got from them was that there are things in there that go bad from time to time. I need to talk to their owner. The car only has 6900 miles on it, & I just don't think it was time for anything to fail. There's an old saying, "If something stinks, look where you last crapped". Getting it up there to them won't be too bad. AAA will tow it the 1st 100 miles, so I'd only have to eat about 18 miles.

mcate

Advanced Helper
Hopefully it is just in the tune!?! If they installed the cams wrong or something is faulty with them, that sucks! They did install new valve springs right?

No, these cams don't require new springs. I already reloaded the tune, so it's got to be a phaser or something else under the valve cover.

mcate

Advanced Helper
Update: Took the car to the local dealership. They swapped both the solenoid & the phaser, no luck. Had AAA tow it up to Brenspeed. They think I've got bent valves, & they wanted $643 to fix it. I "expressed my displeasure" at that, & it now appears that they're going to cover the repairs. More as it happens...

ronkh

Da King
Update: Took the car to the local dealership. They swapped both the solenoid & the phaser, no luck. Had AAA tow it up to Brenspeed. They think I've got bent valves, & they wanted $643 to fix it. I "expressed my displeasure" at that, & it now appears that they're going to cover the repairs. More as it happens...

wow
good luck

mcate

Advanced Helper
Should be ready for me to pick up tomorrow. Comp Cams accepted full responsibility & is paying the bill.

mcate

Advanced Helper
Thanx, Steve! Just got home from work & immediately began the process of removing the thousands of bugs that committed suicide on my windshield & front bumper on the way home last night! Gonna throw on a quick coat of Natty's Blue this evening because I've got a show tomorrow.

W

wallywax

Wow! Sounds awsome! I am guessing you are putting down around 330ish with stock heads?