Detailing paying off

mcate

Advanced Helper
I saved up the necessary $$ from my detailing, & I'm driving up to Brenspeed in northeast Indiana tomorrow morning. Having a set of their Detroit Rocker cams installed. Expecting approximately a 30 hp gain from them, so the 2 1/2 hr trip back home should be a lot of fun!

S

Sal329

Very cool. A paying hobby is always great. You can keep the fun factor because your not stressing when slow or not making money. When you do make money you can buy the extras you want and not tap into your bank account

mcate

Advanced Helper
Should be a fun trip, although I'm not looking forward to getting up at 0500 for the drive!

mcate

Advanced Helper
Very cool! That is where my Mustang was tuned as well.

They've got a great group up there, & the car runs fantastic. I'm not going to do much else to it while it's under warranty. There's a blower looming somewhere down the road, but not right now. It's funny, after I had the cams installed I took it to a car show. This older guy heard me pull in & asked, "You got a cam in that thing?" I said, "Yep, Two of them!"

mcate

Advanced Helper
So how did this go?

It went great. You should let them work on your 5.0. They're working on cams for 5.0's. They've got a black 2011 for sale on their showroom floor that puts over 600 hp to the wheels. It was their developmental car. It's only got 5000 miles on it, although that's probably 20,000 passes down the 1/4 mile!

W

wallywax

Cams are a GREAT mod!!!!! Pulls alot harder in the mid range huh? +1 on the blower!!!!!!! Those new modular 5.0's are NASTY!

mcate

Advanced Helper
Allow me to back off all the praise I've heaped upon them for the moment. Last week I was at the Mecum musclecar auction in Indy. When I left, the car started coughing & sputtering. I fought it home & ran the codes, & I'm getting P0012 (camshaft bank 1 retarded) & P0016 (bank 1 cam/crank correlation) along with lean codes. Trying to figure out the best avenue to fix it. Car is still under the mfgr warranty, but Ford won't cover it if Brenspeed did something wrong. I may have it towed back up to Brenspeed, but it's 2 hrs away.

kitzy

Advanced Helper
I imagine you've contacted Brenspeed? If so, what did they have to say? That's the down side of traveling to have work done. If you need to go back for anything, it's not exactly cheap to get it there or easy. Good luck. Curious of what the outcome is.

C

Concours.John

Allow me to back off all the praise I've heaped upon them for the moment. Last week I was at the Mecum musclecar auction in Indy. When I left, the car started coughing & sputtering. I fought it home & ran the codes, & I'm getting P0012 (camshaft bank 1 retarded) & P0016 (bank 1 cam/crank correlation) along with lean codes. Trying to figure out the best avenue to fix it. Car is still under the mfgr warranty, but Ford won't cover it if Brenspeed did something wrong. I may have it towed back up to Brenspeed, but it's 2 hrs away.

I was at Mecum. We brought the 72 White Pantera. Lot F306
My client bought the Maroon Ferrari Daytona coupe. Lot S132

ronkh

Da King

ouch. good luck

I was at Mecum. We brought the 72 White Pantera. Lot F306
My client bought the Maroon Ferrari Daytona coupe. Lot S132

i love panteras

W

wallywax

Hopefully it is just in the tune!?! If they installed the cams wrong or something is faulty with them, that sucks! They did install new valve springs right?