What to use on Grabber Blue GT500

mcate

Advanced Helper
Getting ready to detail my buddy's GT500 here in a couple of weeks. Last year I clayed it, polished with Pro Polish, sealed with EX, & waxed with Natty's Red. Not sure of I used Black Hole on it or not. First & only Grabber Blue car I've detailed. Wondering if any of you would recommend anything different this time, like EX w/Carnauba followed by Natty's Blue?

DSC_0838.jpg

heck

Advanced Helper
Awesome car and nice work.

Just a suggestion/idea.

How about using white diamond, EXP and layer blue/red natty?

mcate

Advanced Helper
I was thinking about EX-P with a couple of coats of Blue, followed by Red. Glaze question is interesting. I'm not sure whether this color would technically be considered dark or light.

S

Sal329

Pure Polish, EX-P, maybe 2 layers, then if you want top with red or blue

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
If it were me, I would definitely try WD, EX-P and Natty's. I have had great results with EX-P on solids like White, Red etc... However, it did look amazing on my Metallic Gray Mustang, too.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I liked your original choice myself. I love me some EX. I usually save EX-P for metallic paints.

I'm going to go with Scott here, for the life of me we never agree :smt014, :D , but I'd stick with the original plan as he is a repeat customer for a reason ... if he wasn't happy with it last time he wouldn't be back, if you want to add some Black Hole it might add a little more depth .. love the color ..my first car 70 Cougar was that color :smt005 I miss it.. :(

mcate

Advanced Helper
My biggest question is which glaze to use. The Natty's Red last year really made the color pop, but I was thinking Blue might give a bit more depth. He & I go to car shows together all the time, & he trusts my judgement. It's just such a unique color, there's several ways to work it. It's got some minor swirling, so I'm going to polish it with SSR 1 vice Pro Polish.