Wax & Sealant-Order of Application

G

GMCDMAX

Going to clay my truck before putting on polish, sealant, and a wax.

1st Question- This is a new GMC Duramax whose paint great. Should I apply a "polish" by hand or is it better to work a polish in with an orbital?

2nd Question- Sealant then wax OR Wax then Sealant?
I want to understand the thinking behind this. I know a polish has no protection to it. Does the sealant adhere to the clearcoat and the wax gives the sealant the depth or vice versa.

I am struggling whether to use PwS versus EX.
DOES PwS rally offer much in the department of sealing?

Thanks for any advice and explanations.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
GMCDMAX said:
Going to clay my truck before putting on polish, sealant, and a wax.

1st Question- This is a new GMC Duramax whose paint great. Should I apply a "polish" by hand or is it better to work a polish in with an orbital?

2nd Question- Sealant then wax OR Wax then Sealant?
I want to understand the thinking behind this. I know a polish has no protection to it. Does the sealant adhere to the clearcoat and the wax gives the sealant the depth or vice versa.

I am struggling whether to use PwS versus EX.
DOES PwS rally offer much in the department of sealing?

Thanks for any advice and explanations.

First Welcome to our Forum :smt006

An orbit will work a polish much more even and thoroughly than by hand

Sealant comes before the wax as it usually needs to be next to the paint

Remember whether it's a sealant or wax, they are both sacrificial layers and your clearcoat is the true protectant.

I love PwS (just used it on my Tahoe yesterday) as it cleans and protects in one step and leaves the finish super smooth as well as shiny.

Putting a coat of Natty's or Black Hole and then Natty's, will only add more shine and protection.

G

GMCDMAX

Thanks for the welcome!

Are you also laying your PwS down with an orbital as long as its low speed?

I'm in Portland, OR. I'm trying to get ahold of the Northwest Distributor so I can get some Poorboy products. Is Poorboys all mail order or is it distributor dependant on whether they have a store or will allow local pickup?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
GMCDMAX said:
Thanks for the welcome!

Are you also laying your PwS down with an orbital as long as its low speed?

I'm in Portland, OR. I'm trying to get ahold of the Northwest Distributor so I can get some Poorboy products. Is Poorboys all mail order or is it distributor dependant on whether they have a store or will allow local pickup?

PwS can be appiled by hand or machine ...machine speed and pad depends on if you want the product to do corrections or not.

Each distributor is independent, so are mail order some will meet you and some have retail locations ... not sure if the NW distributor will meet you or not :smt102

B

Bijibo23

Is there a curing time between PwS and Natty or can I do them back to back?