Usage Questions

Frankster

Advanced Helper
Pardon my ignorance but I have a few questions regarding product usage.

I’ve read that Pro Polish is also good for windshields and shower doors (which I fully intend on doing), but my question is concerning the windshield. Do I need to use a pad that is intended for glass only or can I use one of my LC white pads?

I purchased the wheel sealant on another website when they had it buy one get one free, who can pass up a deal like that? However, I don’t really plan on taking my tires off that much anymore and have decided to get them opti-coated. I’ve also read that people have used the wheel sealant on their head lights. Question: Is it possible to use the wheel sealant on the paint providing it will go on my DD and I am not concerned with shine, more so protection. I will be topping with either Natty’s Blue or Red. I don’t want it to go to waste once the rims are coated, unless there are other uses for this product?

Finally, on my garage queen, I love to take care of her and was curious on ways to layer. Once I put on the Black Hole (I will be using Pro Polish, this step is just for that added POP) can I put the EX on with the DA or will it take off the Black Hole? I guess I will break it down better, can I continue to use the DA when layering or do they need to be done by hand to avoid taking off the previous layer? It will be: Black Hole – EX Sealant – Liquid Blue – Liquid Blue - Red

On a side note: I have a Griots 6 inch and 3 inch DA in which all my work is done.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I found non glass specific pads with low cutting properties is okay. just will not last as long / do as well. ie- used an old white lc pad on a friends work truck with some pp, we got the hard water stains off easier than hand. i'd use in a pinch, always do test spots.

for the wheel sealant on base/clear, i'm curious of it myself, wait on a proper answer.

pp >> bh >> ex (can layer same day) >> next day, can layer waxes. with proper pads can use da whole way, many prefer by hand from sealants on.

Bunky

Advanced Helper
You can use foam pads on glass. Glass pads vary so be careful.

I think a good combo is an aggressive foam pad and Pro Polish 2. With a foam pad you get safety, you need a little patience, work slowly, and with some decent pressure to remove some of the water spots. You have nothing to lose and it will not mess up the glass.

Frankster

Advanced Helper
Thanks for the tips guys, just have some follow up questions.

pp >> bh >> ex (can layer same day) >> next day, can layer waxes. with proper pads can use da whole way, many prefer by hand from sealants on.

When you say "proper" pads, which colors are you referring to?

Not sure how to quote multiple people on here.

Bunky: The polish on the windshield is nothing more than to just get the rain to run off faster....maybe clean a water spot or two.

Thanks again.

Bunky

Advanced Helper
Thanks for the tips guys, just have some follow up questions.

Not sure how to quote multiple people on here.

Bunky: The polish on the windshield is nothing more than to just get the rain to run off faster....maybe clean a water spot or two.

Thanks again.

Understand but I do park outside and I get this nasty tree drizzle that is very difficult to remove. This will have the water naturally sheet off when it is perfectly clean.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper

pads kept nice and clean, and matched aggressiveness to compounds/polishes/sealants and waxes being used. for the lc pads that I use, red, black, and gold would all be suitable- pads that are for final finishing, jeweling, etc.

a good idea to make sure the labels always match the colors you're using. you can feel the cutting power difference in the foam, a light cutting pad will have a dense feel, finishing a lot more plush.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Pardon my ignorance but I have a few questions regarding product usage.

I’ve read that Pro Polish is also good for windshields and shower doors (which I fully intend on doing), but my question is concerning the windshield. Do I need to use a pad that is intended for glass only or can I use one of my LC white pads?

I purchased the wheel sealant on another website when they had it buy one get one free, who can pass up a deal like that? However, I don’t really plan on taking my tires off that much anymore and have decided to get them xxxxxxxx. I’ve also read that people have used the wheel sealant on their head lights. Question: Is it possible to use the wheel sealant on the paint providing it will go on my DD and I am not concerned with shine, more so protection. I will be topping with either Natty’s Blue or Red. I don’t want it to go to waste once the rims are coated, unless there are other uses for this product?

For the glass you should try a less aggressive pad first and as johnny said match the pad to the job. Starting too aggressive may scratch whether it is glass or paint.

Wheel sealant can be used on headlights but not paint .. it will smear and be blotchy from our testing ... ;)

Frankster

Advanced Helper
For the glass you should try a less aggressive pad first and as johnny said match the pad to the job. Starting too aggressive may scratch whether it is glass or paint.

Wheel sealant can be used on headlights but not paint .. it will smear and be blotchy from our testing ... ;)

Will do and thanks for the heads up on the wheel sealant.