Upsized the grocery getter

Scott P

Advanced Helper
Now that the twins are one, my MazdaSpeed 6 is feeling a bit small. So, I added this to the driveway.

IMG_4273_zpsb8b056cb.jpg

It is a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT All Terrain in Stealth Gray Metallic. One of these weekends, I will have the time to give it the full detail it needs starting with a good clay bar rub down. I washed it for the first time today. Man there is some serious amount of real estate on the thing. I can see why people buy those brushes on a pole to wash them.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Looks nice! I use a montana boars hair brush on a pole for my larger details. The $150 price tag isn't nice, but everything else possible is. Although the first washes smell like a petting zoo, I still find it worth it.

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
I have two Werner work platforms. Great to use while washing and polishing the roof.
Then a great place to put the wash bucket/detailing stuff when doing the vehicle.

Just be careful getting up and down when it's wet.

Scott P

Advanced Helper
This is just from the hood. Houston's air quality is not that great.

20141206_100220_zps1ch41anu.jpg

Clayed and a coat of PwS was applied in the cloudy, cool and damp conditions of the morning. Tomorrow a coat of EX-P gets put on while the interior gets a nice treatment with Leather Stuff. I still have to get some Wheel Sealant on those nice looking rims.

Scott P

Advanced Helper
Polish with Sealant topped by two coats of EX-P. Smooth and shiny. I even took it off road for the pictures.

IMG_4301_zps7ba6fd34.jpg

IMG_4303_zpsc84f65b5.jpg

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I forget how slick the surface is with EX-P. I wiped it down with some S&W today and the towel just slid around easily. I might have to add another coat to get it even slicker.