trim restorer

Atkinsonair

Wax waster apprentice
I have question about trim restorer. My truck is fairly new and the black plastic still looks good. My question is do i want to start using it now or wait till it does not look as good as new.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
ATKINSONAIR said:
I have question about trim restorer. My truck is fairly new and the black plastic still looks good. My question is do i want to start using it now or wait till it does not look as good as new.

that's a hard question ... I usually recommend using S&G to maintain new trim ... some have told me they use QD+ and get a great look and it beads water ...either way make sure you buff thoroughly with a cotton towel afterwards to prevent streaking

J

Josh_RN

Will S&G allow me to not tape all my trim (new truck w/bed liner) like trim restorer? And what a bout the chrome bumper, is sealant and nattys blue ok to use? And the center console is rubber, is natural look a good idea? I'm planning on getting the pb glass microfiber (actually the delux kit) will I need to use a chemical glass cleaner? Thanks, sorry it's taking me so long with so many questions prior to my first order, it's just been 19 years since my last detail!:smt119

P

Pockets

Will S&G allow me to not tape all my trim (new truck w/bed liner) like trim restorer? And what a bout the chrome bumper, is sealant and nattys blue ok to use? And the center console is rubber, is natural look a good idea? I'm planning on getting the pb glass microfiber (actually the delux kit) will I need to use a chemical glass cleaner? Thanks, sorry it's taking me so long with so many questions prior to my first order, it's just been 19 years since my last detail!:smt119

Hey Josh,

The Spray and Gloss will not allow you to skip the tape step when buffing like the TR will. The sealants or Paste waxes are great to use on chrome bumpers or Wheel Sealant is another option as well. Depending upon how bad the rubber is than NL will do the job, if not you will need a diluted APC for some stronger cleaning abilities. We use Spray and Wipe with our glass towel for a streak free shine!

We love questions, and don't forget to post up a picture of your ride after the Poorboy's treatment!

-Chris

J

Josh_RN

Thanks Chris, so if I apply TR w/ a foam paint brush and buff w/ a cotton towel I can skip the tape and not have to worry about it running? Or would I get a longer lasting look w/ the S&G and using tape? If so what tape leaves the least or no residue?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Once you buff off the excess, you shouldn't have to worry about TR running.

Painters tape leaves less residue than plain masking tape. Don't use duct tape. ;)