Trim Restorer

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Trim Restorer
Trim Restorer is a long lasting water soluble silicone dressing, with a patented UV absorber for ultimate protection of exterior and interior surfaces.
Restorer is unmatched on grained trim, bumpers, vinyl, leather, engine compartment plastics and rubber, dashboards and tires.
A must for the enthusiast and show car owners.
· NOT GREASY nor STICKY …. DRIES TO THE TOUCH
· LONG LASTING ….. DOESN’T STREAK
· CAN BE USED ON INTERIORS & EXTERIORS

N

NEEKO

Hey guys this is my first post, I have most of your products and a customer for life.
I have the Trim Restorer and am not real happy with it; I may be using it wrong but I’m sure it’s pretty strait forward application.
I have a 2006 Xterra and a 2008 350z, Nissan’s exterior plastics have a tendency of fading quickly, with that said I have used the TR on the Xterra and after about 5 min of applying it seem to be gone or a very little difference can be seen. I’m applying it with a cotton detailing applicator.
I have read on your forum where other customers are mixing some of your products together to achieve different results. I was curious to know if that can be done with the TR. I was wondering if mixing it with the QD or Natural Look would be a good idea. If so, what should the ratio be?
Thank you again for the products that you make I appreciate you all taking the worry of “is this safe for my paint” out of the question.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
try applying with a foam paint brush ..leave on , preferably in the sun, for an hour or longer if possible and then buff with a cotton towel ...

I've never heard of anyone mixing TR .. Some people also prefer to use QD+ or Spray & Gloss on certain plastics

N

NEEKO

Sounds good, I will do those things. I'm still new to detailing which your products make someone like me look like a pro. Thanks again for your support.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
a couple more points .... some older plastics may require multiple applications to hold the shine and there are a few car companies, mostly Honda and Acura models , that just do not seem to take to dressings at all ... which is why I offered the alternative methods and products.

N

NEEKO

Yeah of corse with your idea in mind I left work today and bout 12 different sized foam brushes. I went home and tried a small aerea. I made a few passes of the PB Bio Cleaner which works great! Then I ran a few passes of the TR on the foam brush. WOW that product goes along way like the rest of your porducts. THe first pass was better than what I had done on my own and the second pass looked great. Better then when the vehicle was purchased. My friends stopped by and couldn't get over oh wet it looked and drie it felt. So they all went out side and used it on there vehicles.

Expect some orders coming in soon. I told thme to wait until my 200.00 shipment comes in then we can have fun. I'm the Avon lady of PB

ajb39oh

Advanced Helper
Trim Restorer works great on my Ford Explorer running boards! I've tried many products to keep them looking black and Trim Restorer definitely does the trick.

P

pgcobravert

I use a foam applicator, it seems to work best. I apply to the entire trim of the car, then go around and wipe in with a cloth. If I have a few spots I need touched up, I just apply some more. I think it is a great product, holds up well. My wife drives a Ford Escape, the bottom half of the truck is all plastic, TR makes it look better than new.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I like to use foam paint brushes .. the ones at the dollar store do fine and then you toss them ;)

ps.. don't forget to buff with cotton not microfiber :)

stevot22

Helper
Just wanted to tell everyone how satisfied I am with Trim Restorer! My '04 Tahoe Z71 has tons of plastic "body cladding" that needs regular tending to. I had found that Mother's Back to Black worked pretty well, but Trim Restorer is in a different league. The trim looks factory fresh.

I am able to use much less product and with my "old t-shirt" method, have much more control of the product where the plastic meets paint. And the vanilla scent is fantastic!

Photo to follow. Having upload troubles.

DSC01588.jpg

I tried to contrast the difference between the upper piece of treated trim and the untreated lower piece.

Last edited:
O

othater1

Is the correct order for fading trim and bed liner on a 06 Toyota Tacoma.
Use trim restorer to bring back the blackness and then maintain with natural look?

stevot22

Helper
Don't know about bed liners, but I have gone to using TR exclusively for all exterior non painted trim and some interior locations, like door sills and footwells. Assuming it's sprayed in, I wouldn't hesitate to use TR on the over the rails, tailgate and sidewall portions of a bed liner; it might make the bed floor too slippery though.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
a couple more points .... some older plastics may require multiple applications to hold the shine and there are a few car companies, mostly Honda and Acura models , that just do not seem to take to dressings at all ... which is why I offered the alternative methods and products.

I would add Ford to this list as well, at leat for some plastics. The plastic covering on the top of the bed rails on my buddies 05 F-150 seems resistant to everything. I used a trim dye on all of his platic with great results but nothing would penetrate the bed rails (or whatever the propper term is) It seems to me that with some plastics if you don't protect them from the get go there is no reviving them. just my .02

O

othater1

Trim restorer

Thanks for the reply. The Tacoma's bed is made of some kind of composite one piece including the rails.
A little concern about being slippery.
I just ordered the TR and will post how it works out.

Don't know about bed liners, but I have gone to using TR exclusively for all exterior non painted trim and some interior locations, like door sills and footwells. Assuming it's sprayed in, I wouldn't hesitate to use TR on the over the rails, tailgate and sidewall portions of a bed liner; it might make the bed floor too slippery though.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Thanks for the reply. The Tacoma's bed is made of some kind of composite one piece including the rails.
A little concern about being slippery.
I just ordered the TR and will post how it works out.

If the liner is plastic, then I prefer to use Bold N Bright as my wash and scrub it with a soft nylon brush .. then rinse it out and it will be cleaned and conditioned and should not be slippery.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would add Ford to this list as well, at leat for some plastics. The plastic covering on the top of the bed rails on my buddies 05 F-150 seems resistant to everything. I used a trim dye on all of his platic with great results but nothing would penetrate the bed rails (or whatever the proper term is) It seems to me that with some plastics if you don't protect them from the get go there is no reviving them. just my .02

doesn't matter the make, something about the bed rails does not really want to accept treatments .. poor dying when the pieces are made and the abuse from the sun and weather also doesn't help. Regular maintenance for those who want to keep the "new" look is required just as those who purchase Avalanches with bed cladding

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
doesn't matter the make, something about the bed rails does not really want to accept treatments .. poor dying when the pieces are made and the abuse from the sun and weather also doesn't help. Regular maintenance for those who want to keep the "new" look is required just as those who purchase Avalanches with bed cladding[/QUOTE

On the plus side with a truck you could always Rhino the bed rails like the bed and they would look alright. Avalanches seem to fade in three different areas at three different rates and Rhino lining the pillars would look kind of goofy IMO.

PoorGirl

Helper
Hey was just reading the comments on this and I'm wondering if this is the stuff I need for window seals?
I've tried a tyre dressing before but soon as it rains it's streaks and comes off I'm looking for something a little more permanent without just using boot polish lol

Thanks in advance :)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Hey was just reading the comments on this and I'm wondering if this is the stuff I need for window seals?
I've tried a tyre dressing before but soon as it rains it's streaks and comes off I'm looking for something a little more permanent without just using boot polish lol

Thanks in advance :)

sorry, not much you can do with window seals .. (hard rubber) you can use Bold N Bright .. but you must , did I say must .. buff thoroughly with a cotton towel .. this will condition and keep the rubber softer but you can not really leave the dressing on or you will get streaks :(