Swirl Removers

Just had my 1st experience with Poorboy products and was happy with the results. Used the Polish/Sealant AIO on my 74 BMW and the paint was jumping at a Vintage car show. I was curious to which Swirl remover to use since you have so many and they are all described the same. Are they more aggeresive as the number goes up. Thanks.
Doug M ny country
Golden Detail LLC

G

Gus-Gus

Doug,
Can you post a few pictures of your paint so we can see the severity of the swirling? that would help a lot with the process :)

Thanks!

Doug,
Can you post a few pictures of your paint so we can see the severity of the swirling? that would help a lot with the process :)

••••xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

•••••••I am just looking for a definition of the swirl product numbers. Is 2 more aggressive then 2.5? The rest I can manage by trying different Poorboy products which I look forward too since they are in my back yard almost. •••••

Doug M ny country
Golden Detail LLC

heck

Advanced Helper
Pro Polish

PP

3 - 5

Work until it practically disappears then buff

Chemical Polish
Pad depends on Work being done

Pro Polish 2

PP2

Chemical Polish
Pad depends on Work being done

Master Cut Compound

Polish with Carnauba

PwC

Red

3 - 4

Polish with Carnauba Blue

PwC-Blue

Red

3 - 4

Super Swirl Removers 3

SSR3

"liquid sand paper"

Super Swirl Removers 2.5

SSR2.5

White
Green

4.5 - 5

mechanical Polish

Super Swirl Removers 2

SSR2

Black
Red

4.5 - 5

mechanical Polish

Super Swirl Removers 1

SSR1

Black
Red

4.5 - 5

G

Gus-Gus

Doug,

••••xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

•••••••I am just looking for a definition of the swirl product numbers. Is 2 more aggressive then 2.5? The rest I can manage by trying different Poorboy products which I look forward too since they are in my back yard almost. •••••

Doug M ny country
Golden Detail LLC

Doug,
With SSR's 1 is the least aggressive and they step up as the numbers go up 3 is the most aggressive of the line.

Thanks Gus Gus.. That is the answer I was looking for. I will pick up a high number and a low number and take it from there. Thanks Heck on the pad info per swirl remover.
doug m ny country

sscully

Advanced Helper
Might want to think about ProPolish ( propolish 2 depending on how bad what are you going after is ) if you have access to a few aggressiveness levels of pad.

ProPolish aggressiveness is increased by changing the pad out ( i.e. black to white to green to orange ), and it does not have a break down like the SSR line ( it is a chemical polish not DAT ). I don't pick up my SSR line anymore, I always use with PP in the PB line.

Nice part is it works well on chrome, plastic, etc. I even use it to clean my faucets in the bathroom.

Just a thought on the topic.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I suggest not getting higher than SSR 2.5 unless you have a fair amount of polishing experience. SSR 3 can cut through paint pretty quickly. It also does not break down to a "wax ready" finish. Multiple steps/follow up polishes are required if you use SSR 3.