Spring detail of my 92 GMC...

YNOT

Helper
I picked this truck up back in late November and only had 1 decent day to really clean it up some before the weather got bad. Well, I've been patiently waiting for winter to end so I could spend some time with her and this was my weekend.

I gave her a pretty thorough workover today. She got washed with dish soap to rid her of all wax, grease and contaminants. Then I went over her with a claybar and really slicked her out.

After that, I set out polishing which took the biggest part of my day...these full size trucks are big...hehe. I worked the cab over with Poorboy's SSR1 and it came out pretty good. The bed however took some SSR3 and then SSR1 and still didn't get the bulk of the marring out. I plan to borrow my dad's 'rotary' buffer at some point soon to go over it and pull out any last bit of scratches.

After she was polished, I coated her with Poorboys "Black Hole" to deepen the color some and then layered over that with Poorboy's "EX". Once that was completed, I smothered her in 2 coats of Meguiar's NXT paste wax for a nice deep, wet shine.

Other than some scratches in the bed I can't get out, I'm really happy with her. For a 92, she looks almost brand new.

Anyway, here are the pics...

A shot of the reflection of my halogen as I polished the paint...

GMC310_reflection2.jpg

GMC310_drivers34.jpg

GMC310_side_profile.jpg

GMC310_rear34.jpg

GMC310_interior.jpg

And I've added some new headlights, parking lights and I removed that hideous black bumper trim until I can afford my new paintable 'smoothie' front bumper.

GMC310_new_headlights.jpg

I've got lots of plans for her, just saving the money to do it, but in the end, here's my vision...

my_c1500_rendering2_640x376.jpg

She'll soon get a smoothie front bumper, rear roll pan painted out door and tailgate handles and I've already got some new sport mirrors for her, just need time to paint them. I also hope to soon get tires/wheels and then drop the front end some more for a tasty raked stance.

Any comments are certainly welcome...thanks and I hope you enjoy the pics.

M

mad992

looks the goods nice clear pop..black hole is wicked gear aye.. 8) ..

ps whats the cd sitting on the seat called :?:

YNOT

Helper
Thanks, yeah, Black Hole is good stuff. Makes the paint look really slick.

mad992 said:
ps whats the cd sitting on the seat called :?:

The CD in the seat is Fu Manchu-Daredevil. It's some good sludgy stoner rock stuff, I'd highly recommend it if you like heavy guitars and good rock and roll.