Spray and Rinse ?

Can Spray & Rinse be used on basement cement floors? I've tried APC, citrus degreaser, bleach and nothing remove the stains and since alot of cement floor cleaner are acid based I thought about Spray & Rinse.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
You can try but the ingredients in Spray & Rinse might not affect certain stains ... was it Poorboy's APC? another little known Poorboy's World product is Driveway cleaner ... it's all Natural and nothing cleans concrete, pavers, or blacktop better. You might need to call to get some...

The APC that I use are the Meguiars, Super Clean, Zep Citrus Degreaser, and Purple Power and using a pressure washer. I forgot all about the Poorboys Driveway Cleaner, I'm going have to give the Driveway Cleaner a shot. Thanks for the reply!

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
If the concrete hasn't been sealed, it may be that the stains have soaked into the concrete (it's porous). If that's the case you may need repeated applications over a long period of time to "lift" the stain out. Something I've heard about but not personally used is placing kitty litter on the stain to absorb it out of the concrete. (The fresher the stain the better this would work, of course.)
If the concrete has been sealed, you may be able to remove the sealer (and with it the stain) then re-seal.

The stains were there for over ten years and when in the basement they are just an eye soar looking at them (quarter of the basement). I was doing an oil change on my pushing lawn mower and spill some where the stain are and threw kitty litter down, it absorbs the oil but the stains are still there. Someone told me to try lemon juice or vinegar because it acidic not sure if it works though.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
if the Driveway cleaner can't do it, it can't be done ... it really is that good especially if you use hot water with it , as it says on the label ;)

Try the litter again. Just take a block of wood and grind over it. Worth a shot.

So pretty much you are using the litter as it was sand paper and rubbing it in. Before I just let it sit there for a few day and let the litter soak up the spill and then push it around with a broom and scoop it up. I'll give it a try.
Thanks for the reply!

if the Driveway cleaner can't do it, it can't be done ... it really is that good especially if you use hot water with it , as it says on the label ;)

Is it only available at Poorboys World? I tried looking for it online and can't find it nowhere.
Thanks for the reply!

I couldn't find it on Poorboys World website, Detailed Image doesn't have it on there site and a Google search couldn't find it. Do you have to call Poorboys World for it? The driveway cleaner kind of remind me of the stuff I use to clean my friend work garage floors with. It goes on orange/yellowish and turns green when in contact with water, If it is simular stuff it's a excellent cleaner with very little agitation.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
yes, you may need to call or email dwayne@pooroysworld.com .. and yes it does work like that and we have cleaned some incredibly bad work floors including our last warehouse in NY that was a taxi dismantling garage .. grease was about 2 inches thick !! It comes in 8oz jar or gallon container ..

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I've given driveway clear a shot in my garage and it worked well. I need to try it again one of these days.