Spiderwebbing/Micro-Marring???

G

Go-N Def

I was "blending" a few minor scratches in my new black paint with some SSR1 and a white LC pad. The scratches are gone, but I noticed that it left behind some spiderwebbing or micro-marring (whatever you want to call it). I can only see it when the sun is reflecting right over it.

I tried to clean it up with some Pro Polish and a white pad. That didn't work, so I tried some SSR2 with an orange pad. That didn't work either. I even stepped down to SSR2.5 and a yellow pad. Still no luck.

I trust the products and the pads, so I'm pretty sure it's just my technique. Here is what I'm doing:

1) put 2 circles of product on a pad
2) spread it on the area with a PC set on 3
3) bump it up to 6 using slight pressure
4) go up and down then back and forth
5) repeat changing directions several times until the abraisive is gone and all that's left is an oily slick (usually anbout 1.5-2 minutes)
6) wipe it off with a MF towel using back and forth movement.

What am I doing wrong?????

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Have you checked to see that it isn't the cloths making the marring as you remove the product? Sometimes some dirt can blow into the cloth and that could leave marring.

G

Go-N Def

No, it was a clean MF and I always used it in a back and forth motion. The the marring is little swirls, I'm pretty sure that its from the pad not the MF.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Have you tried using the SSR1 with a finishing pad as a last step ? Also don't use the yellow pad as it can induce some swirls that may be deeper than you think ;)