Speedy surface prep towel

S

skyzie

Hi has anybody used the Speedy Surface Prep Towel avaliable from autogeek. What was the perfomance like, are the worth it ?,
are they as good as clay?

sscully

Advanced Helper
I have used the Nanoskin version of it with good results.

The front of the new ( to me ) company Escape got pelted with bugs; back when it was till warm out.

I used Bird S#it remover to get all the bugs off the front, and was going to spray on some WOWA sealant I have, just to help with the next time.
- I don't get OCD about it, it sits outside, and I only have it 30K miles or 2 years.

I recalled I got the Nanoskin kit to try out ( towel, fine & medium 6" pads ).

The paint was in good shape. I got it with 8800 miles on it, and it looked good, but it was like 120 grit sandpaper ( never had the rail dust removed and the last guy only tunnel washed it = company standard 6.00 wash )

I used the Nanoskin shock that I got in the same "kit" and went after the reminder of the bugs that were on it from previous and as a nice side note, the rail dust.

I sprayed on about the same amount of Nanoshock lube & sealant as I would have clay lube and just wiped the towel over the surface like I was using clay.
- I washed the towel between sections on a grit guard in plain water.

When I got done with the front of it ( bumper, front fenders and hood ) it looked good, no additional marring and slick. Impressed me, I was not expecting this kind of results.

I SnW'd the remainder of the Escape and Toweled the remainder of it using the Nanoshock lube & seal. It looked nice and was slick. No additional marring that I could see in the sun that was still up that day.

The hood has a few bad spots on it that I need to try clay on to see if it is contaminants or if there is something up with the paint causing that look.
- If you have a case of never been touched, the towel might not get all of it, might take a fine or medium pad.

I used the 6" pad on the roof my the cap on my '06 and it worked well, did not see any additional marring being added ( there were 2 marks, but I saw those before I started ). I had better luck with the pad version on the Flex set on 1. The PC, the pad stalled when on low, and when turned up splattered lube too much to make it worth it. They also work great on glass, used the 6" fine on the Mrs' G6 windshield before glass polish and it went quicker than clay.

I did the application just like the Youtube videos show for application. The results were the same, those videos ( in my use case ) were no BS.