So who is ready for winter Contest

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Are you ready for winter? Show and explain your winter prep and you can win a Special Prize selected by me :D

Please post pictures and process as we try to keep this a learning forum ;)

This contest is also on Facebook to double your chances
:smt031

Didn't have much time to reply to this earlier. SSR2 on the hood and headlights. I also clayed the hood. Then pro polish everywhere. Then exp. Excellent product! Two coats of cheap wax last. Got to get me some Natty's red.

Everything was done by da. Sorry I don't have any process or before pictures. It's my moms car and she said the results were amazing. I did the same thing to my old truck and it looks just as good.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
So, mr. Pb, sir... Are you counting driving south as part of your prep?

N

neoflex1

Since moving to NC from Long Island I don't get overly crazy about a winter prep since it never get's too bad here and I usually can stick to my overly anal weekly routine right thru the Winter with the occasional week or two that may be too cold. I did hit my Venza with SSR 2.5, SSR1 followed up by Black Hole topped with two coats of Natty's Blue. That should cover my car as far as a heavy detail thru the Winter months and I will likely do the same to the wifes Acadia Denali in the next couple of weeks. After that I will likely just maintain thru the Winter with weekly washes and maybe occasional layering of Black Hole and Natty Blue although the Nattys Red is on my shortlist of things to try. I'm new to PB products and I will tell you I am sold. A couple weeks ago I hit the POS Chrome Clad wheels on my wifes Denali with Black Hole and topped them with Nattys Blue. What a difference it made! Night and day from before I treated them. I honestly did not expect such stellar results to fake chrome wheels.

van185

Advanced Helper
Just got another winter prep done over the weekend. I used Slick & Suds along with Bird S##T Remover, and Bug Squash on the exterior. Bug Squash is the S##t too. I used Poorboys Clay Bar on the exterior. I then used Master Cut on some scratches. I then used Black Hole folowed by Natty's Blue X2. The interior was done with Natural Look and Leather Stuff. On the wheels I used Spray and Rinse, which is the best wheel cleaner on the market. I used Bold and Bright on the tires on Poorboys Wheel Sealant on the wheels. The exterior trim got Trim Restorer and the interior got Pina-Colada scent. The customer loved it all and will be sending several more cars my way. This is my Winter Prep package. The interior also got a little Poorboys APC on the tough to clean areas. All exterior was done with the Flex. Poorboys products got another vehicle ready for winter. P5200424.JPGP5200423.JPG

P

Pockets

Nice Van

Those are not OEM Hummer rims are they? Sure look aftermarket if they are!

van185

Advanced Helper
They are aftermarket rims and cheap ones at that. The chrome was peeling off in several places. I always thought I would like to have a Hummer until I've cleaned this one. The look nice but with the tires it drives not too good. I've cleaned it several times aready and the fule light is on every time. Must be hard on gas.

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
Man, I just did my wife's '12 Explorer but didn't take pics. I'll try to get some on my 530 if I can get to it this week. :cool:

Basically......

- I start with a thorough wash - engine, wheels, wheel wells, door jambs, trunk jambs etc...

- Then I give it another clay job to ensure that the paint is free from all the embedded dirt particles and gives me a ultra smooth surface to work with.

- I like to apply the Trim Restorer at this time so that if any polish or wax get on it, it will be easier to clean off. I will also apply my Bold N Bright on the tires.

- Once I have completed that I may or may not (depending on paint condition and tim) take PP with a Black foam pad on my Flex and clean up anything that I missed from the summer polishes or corrections.

- I also give the rims a hit with PP and then apply Wheel Sealant at this time.

- I should be looking pretty glossy at this point (other than wheel sealant haze).

- While the wheels are setting up I will generally start with one of my favorites, the EXP!

- I apply this with my Flex and Red pad at about speed 1-2 and let haze.

- After that, I will remove all the wheel sealant and then apply another coat.

- By this time I'm ready to buff off the EXP that I had just previously applied and then apply another coat for that extra shine and to make sure it has been fully covered.

- I also like to run around and hit all the door undersides and jambs with either my EXP or some Collonite 845.

- To finish up I'll go around and touch everything up including trim, tires and a final Spray N Gloss.

That's pretty much what I do for the exterior in a nutshell!

S

st33da

wash, wax, vacuum interior and treat leather, put dryer sheets under seats and in trunk, change the oil, fill gas tank and add stabilizer, inflate tires to 40psi, put cobra up on jack stands to keep the suspension loaded and prevent sag in addition to flat spots on tires, put a tenderizer on the battery, put on car cover, count down the days until its spring and I can drive it again.
1001839_10151995085630299_1021086747_n.jpg

1005972_10151995085715299_459632398_n.jpg

306076_10151858595315299_49901349_n.jpg

67080_10152373549405299_199943638_n.jpg

Last edited:
G

goodyear

winter protection supplied by blackhole, nattys blue and wheel sealant

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Simply stunning pictures so far ..

we will accept entrees until Friday and then we will pick a winner,

even though in my book, you are all winners
:D

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
After debating back and forth with Pockets we have decided on winners of categories because it was just too close ...

Winner #1 - BJohnson -- Best Descriptive and use of Poorboy's Product line!
Runner Up - van185

Winner #2 goodyear --- Best Bling in a picture
Runner Up - oetger81

Winner #3 - st33da- wish we saw a picture, but great example of how to prep a care for winter storage

please contact Pockets pockets@poorboysworld.com for shipping info. :)

S

st33da

Thanks! I did edit my post with a few pics for everyone. :smt048

van185

Advanced Helper
Congrats to the winners. Taking the runner up position was still fun. I enjoyed reading all the preps. Thanks to Poorboys for ANOTHER great contest. Keep them coming throughout the year. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

van185

Advanced Helper
By the way there is no way to compete with the picture goodyear sent in. The only question I have is I was wondering if the picture was taken in front of his house?