Right Order?

T

taerin

Hi,
I'm new to this board and wondering if I have everything in the right order? Have a black car and thinking of using these products. 1. SSR 2. 2. SSR 1. 3. PWC (Blue). 4. EX. 5. BH. 6. Natty's blue. Is step 3 needed or should I wait for the next time and skip steps 1 and 2? Thanks.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Step 3 would be for someone that really likes detailing their car. You could skip it. I would also leave a day or so between the EX and BH/Nattys to allow the EX to cure well.

As to your "next time," you may not need to use PwC either, unless you were wanting to go with just a one-step product. BH and Nattys may be all you need. (Although, having owned black cars, I realize how quickly marring appears on them, so you may well be better suited to go with multi-steps each time.

That said, PwC does a pretty nice job of blending marring and giving that "multi-step" look without the work, especially if you have only slight marring.

M

msbeardmore

black hole before the exp is the way i did it last and it seemed to work well for me!

ronkh

Da King
msbeardmore said:
black hole before the exp is the way i did it last and it seemed to work well for me!

Then that's the way to do it. If it worked for you, keep it up.

M

mad992

hey gents,
this topic interests me cause iam in the same boat ive now got alot of poorboys products i absolutely love the stuff and i swear by it cause simply it works so with a black car whats the most common order of product application after washing and claying

1- poorboys ssr 2.5
2 ssr 1
3 ?
4 ?
5 ?
6 ?
7 poorboys vanilla spray iam addicted to that smell

cheers mad 992
DSCF4187.jpg

BigLeegr

Staff member
Depends on how much effort you want to put in.
After SSR1 you could go to a finishing product (wax or sealant).
Some people woud go another step and polish with Pro Polish after SSR1 (I don't think that's really needed, unless you notice a certain look after that you like).
Some would go with a combo of polish and wax in 1 step by applying PwC (Blue, typically, for black).

Basically, once you get the marring under control, you can experiment with the waxes and sealants to find out what look you like. Some like a "rolling mirror" sort of shine, others like a "deep glossy pool." Some are in between.

M

mad992

BigLeegr said:
Depends on how much effort you want to put in.
After SSR1 you could go to a finishing product (wax or sealant).
Some people woud go another step and polish with Pro Polish after SSR1 (I don't think that's really needed, unless you notice a certain look after that you like).
Some would go with a combo of polish and wax in 1 step by applying PwC (Blue, typically, for black).

Basically, once you get the marring under control, you can experiment with the waxes and sealants to find out what look you like. Some like a "rolling mirror" sort of shine, others like a "deep glossy pool." Some are in between.

cheers mate, hey wanna tell me how to get that "DEEP GLOSSY POOL LOOK " i love that look and need to know the process so teach me ol wise one 8)

BigLeegr

Staff member
That's typically from carnaubas (instead of pure sealants) so you'd be using PwC, Natty's and EX for toppers.
Sealants (like EX-P) tend to look shinier.