Question on a trailer I'm working on

mcate

Advanced Helper
The paint came out fine, but the polished trim is the problem. Not sure if it's stainless or aluminum, although I assume it's aluminum. I've tried everything in my arsenal (SSR1, SSR 2.5, Pro Polish, Mothers Billet Polish, Blue Magic, Never Dull) & I just can't seem to get it completely clear. This pic shows before (in front of the wheel) & after (behind it)

DSC_0043.jpg

Here's another shot after polishing:

DSC_0040.jpg

Anyone have any experience with this?

mcate

Advanced Helper
I've used my PC with both white & blue pads. I've also tried applying by hand with MF, & even with my bare hands rubbing in with my fingertips. Once I've gone over it, it feels completely smooth. Like it's stained into the metal.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I've used my PC with both white & blue pads. I've also tried applying by hand with MF, & even with my bare hands rubbing in with my fingertips. Once I've gone over it, it feels completely smooth. Like it's stained into the metal.

if it's the aluminum that it looks like, you will need to use wool pads and possibly a stronger machine like a rotary ..
as for product, i would use PP or PP2

P

Pockets

if it's the aluminum that it looks like, you will need to use wool pads and possibly a stronger machine like a rotary ..
as for product, i would use PP or PP2
God I hate aluminum haha