PwS on wheels

N

NCTahoe

Do you recommend the PWS for polished aluminum wheels? I've got a faint 2" scratch in one that you can feel with your finger nail and was wondering if I could use some PWS that I have to polish it out. Also, I'm doing this by hand. If not PWS what other product would you recommend?

TIA,
NCTahoe

Beemerboy

Helper
if you can feel it with your finger chances are it might be to deep for polishing, by hand...the PWS is a great product but its not for wheels....
The pro-polish is the product for removing scratches but if its to deep it may requite heat from a rotary

are you wheels clear coated?

N

NCTahoe

I can't really tell if they are clear coated. They are Factory Chevy Alum Polished wheels. I guess I should just talk to the dealer. Luckily he scratch is on the passenger side. Good for now until the tires are rotated ;)

Beemerboy

Helper
NCTahoe said:
I can't really tell if they are clear coated. They are Factory Chevy Alum Polished wheels. I guess I should just talk to the dealer. Luckily he scratch is on the passenger side. Good for now until the tires are rotated ;)

I would bet that they are clear coated....fastest way to tell is get some of the PWS and rub the rim, if the rag comes back black they are not coated

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would be they are coated too..polish them with Pro Polish and then seal them with Wheel Sealant :D