Poorboys on a Motorhomes Gelcoat?

T

Toolmaann

I have a 2000 Holiday Rambler Class A, and would like to try PB Pro polish on it's surfaces. Any problems with this?...

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would use a soft cloth and don't apply too much pressure. The product I'd usually recommend for a RV like that is Polish w/ Carnauba, which makes clean up just one step. The new Polish w/ Sealant coming soon will also be a great choice :smt045

T

Toolmaann

So no applying with my Porter Cable?....

That would bite royally if I were to have to do all 36 ft. by hand... :p

T

Toolmaann

Smooth... I'll give it a quick whirl this weekend, and report back.

T

Toolmaann

OK... Just a quick report. Gave the motorhome a good wash this morning, and then went to work with a couple of products, and my porter cable. I used a white polishing pad, and Meguiars #1 cleaner wax and PB ProPolish.

The driveway where the MH was kept has a long winding drive with some trees that scratch up the sides when pulling in. I worked these scratches with the PB, and it lessened the appearance of the scratches, but didn't remove them altogether. I suspect this is because I was using a less agressive pad (white), combined with the Pro Polish not having any abrasives. Any suggestions as to a slightly more aggressive product to use?

I then used the Megs to work on the streaking (black) that seems every RV has. The Megs worked great for removing these marks.

Neither product fixed the problems by themselves, but I was happy to see that what I was doing seemed to help.

Like I said, I was just experimenting this morning. It will probably be when we have it out camping that I'll have time to do the whole rig. I will be ordering a more aggressive polishing/compounding pad (orange, black, brown?) so I have time to get the products together.

T

Toolmaann

Hey Steve... Quick question. Where do you get your 6.5" pads?... Auto detailing solutions seems to have the best deal, $50 for 6 pads (mix and match).

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I usually get my pads from Dwayne @ detailcity ...I find it easy to call him and discuss exactly what i want and work out a deal. Hopefully by next Spring we will decide on a mfg for Poorboy's branded pads but I'm waiting on some samples to make my final decision :wink: