polish aggressiveness

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
I was wondering where the Pro Polishes and SSR's stack up against one another in terms of the aggressiveness/cutting ability?

At detail day I used Pro polish 2 with a cutting pad, and followed with SSR1 on a white pad. I was very happy with the results there, but didn't have time to play with any of the other SSR's to see where they fell in line with pro polish 2. Thanks!

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
well you have two different classes of polishes that you are talking about ... mechanical vs chemical

the SSR's of course are the mechanical and get more aggressive by the higher number with it ending with our new Master Cut compound.

Professional Polish & Pro Polish 2, are chemical with the PP2 having added polishing powders to give more cut. The Professional Polish has no grit of its' own and it completely pad dependent, whereas the PP2 will start with a bite and then become pad dependent.

If I had to put them in an order

Least to most

1. Professional Polish
  2. SSR1
  3. SSR2
  4. SSR2.5
  5. PP2
  6. SSR3
  7. Master Cut

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
Thanks. That helps put things into perspective for me. =)

Could you tell me the process behind how the chemical polishes work?

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
Hey Steve, Where would PwS fall in the rankings here? I've read it is pad dependent, I'm guessing you could use it with white, black, or red pads but not orange? Is that correct?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
depends on what you want it to do.. clean, cut, or protect .. yes i have used it with an orange and a rotary, PC and Flex ;)

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
I guess I hadn't really thought of it as being a cutting polish. So it is able to get out light scratches with an orange pad? Would it also then be sealing at the same time or does the protection really only set in with less aggressive pads?

Is there anyway I can just download your product usage knowledge? :lol:

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
hard to really say how much is left but it will protect and no there is no other way and i'm not writing a book ..lol

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
OK, so you remember how my car was at detail day last year? Could I have done the same job using PwS on an orange pad that I did with PP2 on the orange pad?

How about I interview you and then write the book? :lol:

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
OK, so you remember how my car was at detail day last year? Could I have done the same job using PwS on an orange pad that I did with PP2 on the orange pad?

How about I interview you and then write the book? :lol:

no, and no thanks :)