picking up brand new 07 today

S

sibble

A friend of mine told me to check out Poorboy's World. He's been helping me with detailing for years now. I'll be honest I've always been that person to buy expensive detailing products thinking that they're just better, but I trust my friend's advice and I like to go on 'word of mouth' about new products.

So anyway...

I'm picking up an 07 350z today, brand new. My friend advised me to make them just remove the package taping etc. and NOT to detail the car. He basically told me we're just going to use some body-prep and microfibers. I've never detailed a brand new car. What other steps should I do? Should I wax it and if not, when?

The car is white btw.

Thanks.

EDIT: My daily commute sucks, I had a hood painted for my old car, 2 weeks later I had stone chips in it. I really really want to seal this car good with something.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
1) you wash the car with Super Slick & Suds
2) you put about a half ounce of Super Slick & Suds in to a quart spray bottle and use it as the lubricant for claying the car.
3) you give it another light wash
4) you can give it a light polish with either Professional Polish or Polish w/ Sealant
5) you seal it with EX-P ..put on two coats and then you need to wait a day
6) the next day, if the car has not been driven you can put a couple coat of Natty's on about an hour or two apart. If the car has been driven, then use some Spray and Wipe for a light wipe down with a soft plush absorbant microfiber cloth.
7) If you want a tad more gloss, then a couple hours later use some Spray & Gloss with another microfiber cloth.

hope this helps :)

S

sibble

Poorboy said:
4) you can give it a light polish with either Professional Polish or Polish w/ Sealant
5) you seal it with EX-P ..put on two coats and then you need to wait a day

Can EX-P bond over Poorboy's Polish w/ Carnauba?

S

sibble

in a shop with my buddy helpin me out, we finished claying and polishing, puttin on exp right now and goin to get something to eat

ive never seen paint so perfect before, im really a big fan of poorboys so far, we'll see how the ex-p is when we're done the first coat and put another coat on tomrrow and some nattys on sunday

ill take pics of it in the shop tonight and post em

S

sibble

ill get some high res pics outside soon, kinda sux around here to get some pics without an industrial/commercial/residential type of setting in the bg =(

z003.jpg

z005.jpg

z008.jpg

z010.jpg

products used in these pics:
spray and wipe
clay
professional polish
ex-p

Well, when we used the clay we were both kinda surprised to see how much of a difference clay would do even on brand new paint. I'm pretty happy I did that step (i was kinda hesitant because i didnt think i needed it)

The pro polish went on/off extremely easy and made the color a bit brighter.

We put EX-P on and let it sit for an hour in a garage. The next day I put a second coat on. I was pretty happy after the first coat, but I have to say the second coat made that pearl paint look fantastic.

It's been 3 days since we started, I have not yet had time to put on nattys, hopefully tomorrow. Spray and wipe works excellent, I'll be using it before I do the nattys. Hopefully, I'll have some sunlight and a place to take pics :>

S

sibble

lol never really got around to posting outside pics sorry

btw, these were taken today after my 2nd detail using claybar, pro polish w/ carnauba, and 1 coat of EX-P. The hood, front fenders and front bumper already have 2 coats of ex-p and 2 coats of natty's (i just couldnt get around to doing the entire car in one day)

anyway, the rest of the car was finished today. tomorrow ill put another coat of ex-p on and start adding wax this week

DSC00104.JPG

DSC00102.JPG

DSC00099.JPG

DSC00100.JPG

this last outside pic is out of focus, wish it was brighter out too sun was going down

DSC00103.JPG

B

brendans225

looking good mate, white is not the best colour for showing results, but u have done well :)