People believe anything...

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I found this post in a truck forum when they guy talked about the fancy paint sealant he bought from the dealer:

Just a little fyi guys, the paint protection isn't 'just wax". It's a Teflon based sealant that gets absorbed into the clear coat AND paint. It's much more advanced than carnuba based wax. Modern technology is finding it's ways into everything now and this new Teflon stuff is no joke, it's leaps and bounds better than wax. Granted you don't have to get it done at the dealership, but to do it yourself once a year is all that's needed.

When questioned about his statement, he had this reply:

I would love for you to come to 3M with me so they can show you what it actually is and does. If the stuff you used wasn't 3M then it probably was garbage but the stuff the dealership were I bought my truck from, uses the 3M which is an excellent product.

I'm sure the guy believes it, but it's amazing what marketing can do to one's mindset.

C

craig

As the old saying goes "There's one born every minute" :wink: & this giy is no exception :smt081
Here in the UK a lot of dealerships offer a protection service called Supaguard !!!! In reality it is nothing but a silicone heavy solution that does nothing for the paint finish ! In some cases it actually mutes reflectivity & dull's metallics :roll: It is also a nightmare to get off the paint !!! They also charge £300 (about $580) for a compact sized car !!!
They sell tons of it though, all because of a very good salesman !