Newby Questions

L

lucky0582

Ok I have just purchased the following product listed below. I have a white mustang and putting it in a car show. Any tips and tricks would be appreaciated since I havent really done this before. I will be doing this by hand but do have a friend that owns a cyclo.

Wash Bucket Kit
Polish w/ Sealent
White Diamond
Naddys Red
Natural Look
Bold n Brite
Spray and Wash
Spray and Gloss

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
It might be easier to say what you already know, then work on what questions you have. There are lots of posts on this forum that can help you with each product and that would likely give a much more thorough description than a quick reply in 1 post.

How much experience does your friend have? Are they willing to help you or just let you borrow their Cyclo? (Although, given your list, you don't have much that would benefit from using a Cyclo, besides PwS and WD)

L

lucky0582

My friend said he would show me how to use his cyclo. But I wanted to know am I supposed to use the buffer to apply the product or to take it off.

I have another question. I am going to put my car in a show and cruise. I was thinking about putting 2 coats of the nattys on my this weekend and the day i leave for the cruise put one more coat on it. What I am worried about is will it hurt that I am going to have to wash the car and use the spray and wash the nspray and gloss? I have never used these products before and dont know if its the best to use it on the day of the show. Also is there a certain steps process I should follow for applying the products? Thank you in advance for the information.

BigLeegr

Staff member
Mostly you use the Cyclo to apply and work in product. Some people have used polishers to remove product, but I don't like that method.

The S+G and S+W won't hurt the wax. The S+W is just a cleaner. S+G will add gloss (but not protection). They aren't made to strip wax.

Have you read the product write ups? Did you have specific questions?
(One point that is often not mentioned is that you should be very gentle with towel wiping. The more gentle you are, the less likely you are to cause marring.)

L

lucky0582

Ok my time frame just got crunched even more. My car wont be out of the shop till thursday morning. I leave for the 3 hour cruise on friday if i apply the naddys i know i am supposed to leave time for it to cure but i will have to wash my car on friday and saturday before the show will the spray and wash and spray and gloss hurt the curing process should i even use them?

Also I am about to purchase an older black jimmy. the body is in great shape the paint not so good it looks like the is an oil film over it or something. it feels smooth but is there anyway i can save it?

BigLeegr

Staff member
You can use both S+W and S+G the next day with no problems. The curing time is mostly for longer life. Since you are not needing longevity, a shorter lifespan is a moot point. If you got really ambitious, you could even apply more Natty's at the show (after cleaning it with S+W).
You shouldn't need to re-wash the car the next day if you have it stored indoors overnight. You could do a S+W once you arrive at the show and (as mentioned above) apply more wax at the show. You could even apply multiple coats at the show if you really wanted to.