newby question

L

lil_b

hi guys,
i am new to this forum and just getting started in learning how to detail. i have purchased some PB products already and absolutely love it.
i have a camry that is "antique" in color, i was wondering if this would be considered dark or light in color? just wanted to know if i should be using BH or White Diamond as a glaze. any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
B

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
it would be great if you could post a picture. I can't recall a color named "antique" :smt102

L

lil_b

thanks for the quick response. here is a pic of the car. it seems to be a middle ground color to me, but not sure. if so, what would be the benefits of going with BH or White Diamond for a glaze? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
B

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I'd say that's considered "light."
Overall, BH gives a glossy "deep" look and WD is more shiny and "crisp." There is no law that says you can't use BH on light or WD on dark colors, but the general consensus is that dark colors "should" look deep and glossy and light colors bright and shiny. (It's also harder to get good deep reflections from a silver than a black car.)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
BigLeegr said:
I'd say that's considered "light."
Overall, BH gives a glossy "deep" look and WD is more shiny and "crisp." There is no law that says you can't use BH on light or WD on dark colors, but the general consensus is that dark colors "should" look deep and glossy and light colors bright and shiny. (It's also harder to get good deep reflections from a silver than a black car.)

I agree ... I think you will like Black Hole better though ... just my opinion :smt001

L

lil_b

thanks for the quick response and the advice. much appreciated!