NewB to the forums

K

Kenny_in_PA

I'm Kenny from PA. I use to use Diamond Shine from a local detail shop to clean the windows in the cranes I operate. It was the secret solution to get the glass back to its original shape. Local shop stopped carrying it, and after a long search I came across Poorboy's professional Polish. It appeared to be the same as the diamond shine I use to use.

I was glad in my case as it worked just as good if not better. These cranes are inside a Melt Shop and lime dust, and other debris play a major role at distorting your vision, using windex or similar products, caused nothing but hazing of the glass. An application of the PB's Polish, and glass can just be wiped off with a dry rag between applications. Soon time to order another bottle of the stuff.

I recently bought a '13 Wrangler in that Gieko Green that grows on you, and was looking for a good wax to help maintain the finish. I turned to Poorboy's Natty's Paste wax red. I'm very happy with the results, and ease of use. I now have a list of products I plan to get in the very near future.

I found a winner for my detailing needs, and have Poorboy's added to my favorites.

K

Kenny_in_PA

Never tried claying. Will have to make it a point to try it.

(EDIT) After reading up on claying, it won't work in my case, adding the lubricant likely will cause the hazing clouding to the glass. For my application I apply some polish to a rag, then using elbow grease work it into the glass, then buff with a clean rag. Depending on how long I go between cleanings, I sometimes must repeat to get a thorough cleaning.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
Never tried claying. Will have to make it a point to try it.

(EDIT) After reading up on claying, it won't work in my case, adding the lubricant likely will cause the hazing clouding to the glass. For my application I apply some polish to a rag, then using elbow grease work it into the glass, then buff with a clean rag. Depending on how long I go between cleanings, I sometimes must repeat to get a thorough cleaning.

It would still be worth a go. Clay lubricant is very weak and is wiped off afterwards so it wouldn't lead to additional hazing. Claying isn't something you would have to do every time maybe every few months. Next time you try your method after it is dry take a sandwich baggie over your hand and feel the glass. If it feels bumpy claying will be warranted and definitely worth a try.

ultimately you have to go with what works for you but generally polishing by hand isn't very aggressive and is just going to glide over well bonded contaminants.