New to Poor Boy World Product

T

tgman111

I recently purchased a 2000 Corvette which has renewed an old passion in automotive.
The Corvette I purchased is in excellent shape mechanical and body.
But it doesn't have the luster that I would like.

I have heard good things about Poor Boy World products and am looking for products to make my Corvette really shine and be noticed.
The Corvette is black and I would appreciate any advise on the best products to really make it shine.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/egpvfxolvv3byxq/AADsSqPqkiUhWuvX68JMQWOTa

Last edited:

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
howdy

my camaro and work truck are black, and along with every car i detail other than those, they enjoy poorboy's products.

pics and further explanation of paint condition will help narrow down what products to use and procedures to take.

joed1234

Helper
It's a 14 year old car so I'd begin at the beginning with clay, then depending on the condition of the paint, the tools & products you have, and how close to a show car shine you want to get, you'll be able to form a plan. So: what condition is the paint in?, will you be working by hand or with a machine?, what products do you have?, how much correction do you want to do? Pics would help.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
for me hard to tell exactly where there paint is without light reflecting off the surface. for example: at the front bumper facing the windshield, extend an arm forward with a flashlight pointed back at you. you'll see when the beam refects off the surface back near your eyes. for me at least, at that view you'll be able to see the best of what's being corrected. a body shop i no longer work for would force us to rush work to give back on overcast days. . :smt120

anywhooooo products that are great to have aside from any paint correction imo: claybar, a quick detailer, microfibers, poorboy's pro polish (by hand or pad dependant). if you want to get into paint correction, i'd recommend a dual action polisher to start with.

ronkh

Da King
If you're doing it by hand...........

Wash
Clay
Wash

Now here is where you have choices, but by hand if it were mine
Polish with sealant, (may be omitted)
Black hole
EXP (2nd coat if desired)
let cure
natty's blue

Stand back and be prepared to be amazed. It will look like a deep warm pool

T

tgman111

Excellent Ron. I have a friend who had said I should use the Black Hole as he said it would do amazing things to the luster.
Thanks. I guess I will be putting in an order either tonight or in the morning.

Now here is where you have choices, but by hand if it were mine
Polish with sealant, (may be omitted)
Black hole
EXP (2nd coat if desired)
let cure
natty's blue

Stand back and be prepared to be amazed. It will look like a deep warm pool

thats the process i've been following but recently i've been adding a layer of red over the nattys blue and am very impressed...

10 posts in and there's no pictures :oops: :oops: :oops: