new to forum and a couple basic questions

Redwings97

Advanced Helper
My name is Trent and I am new to the world of detailing and the Poorboys forum. I found out about Poorboys through someone I just recently purchased a car.

I have ordered PB’s products from Steve and am getting ready to tackle my wife’s car.

Here are some questions I have regarding PB’s product. Just so you know, I am doing this by hand, no polisher yet…

1. Do I apply PwC blue, EX-P and NB in a back and forth motion, not circular?

2. After applying the first coat of EX-P, letting it dry to haze 30-60 min, buff off, can I immediately apply a second coat of EX-P or do I have to wait until it cures 12-24 hours etc.

I know I am supposed to wait for EX-P to cure before applying NB.

I want to thank Steve for his fast shipments. It is great ordering items one day and receiving them the next day.

I will post pictures for critiquing after I am finished with the car.

Thanks

Trent

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Polishes can be applied either way, circular tends to give more even coverage, IMHO. I apply sealants/waxes in a circular motion too, but Steve has suggested that they should be applied in a back and forth motion to minimize the appearance of any marring that may be induced during this process. I guess this may be a case of doing what you find works for you.

Technically, you can apply anything right after, but you may not get the optimum results. Sealants tend to need time to fully dry (not just to a haze for removal). If you were to apply a second coat before the first fully cured, you may be "re-wetting" the first coat, and just moving it around with the application of the second coat. It may, however give you a more complete coverage, in case you missed a section the first time. I tend to apply one coat of sealant, then wait until after my next wash to apply the second coat. Then, after the third wash, I might apply a wax. This is just my routine. Others apply ... what was that, rabbi?... 15 coats within a couple weeks? :p