New Car; AIO Needed?

Hello.

I purchased a new car a few months back and I've been itching to get it waxed since. Now that the holidays are over I have some extra money to buy some products.

I've noticed that when I dry the car off after washing that the paint is still smooth. I feel no like overspray or rough areas on the car at all. Should I apply an AIO cleaner before apply something like a paste wax? I was wanting to know if I should use PB's PwS and then apply a paste wax afterwards? Also I don't have a Porter Cable or Flex polisher. Applying PwS BY hand would be the way I'd apply it.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would do a light polish either way. PwS is a go to here with me and Pockets too and is real easy by hand. What color is your car? Dark, I'd go Natty's Blue or Red, Light color .. Natty's Red or White ..

Beemerboy

Helper
I would clay before using any polish, new cars sit in lots during transit and can get all kinds of stuff on them. Check the top of the front and back bumpers as an example. Use a plastic sandwich baggie, on your hand palm side down run that across the bumper and if you feel any bumps, the clay will remove that. I would then take the suggestion Steve had with the P-w-S and top that off with either Nattys red or EX-P

I would clay before using any polish, new cars sit in lots during transit and can get all kinds of stuff on them. Check the top of the front and back bumpers as an example. Use a plastic sandwich baggie, on your hand palm side down run that across the bumper and if you feel any bumps, the clay will remove that. I would then take the suggestion Steve had with the P-w-S and top that off with either Nattys red or EX-P

Beemerboy, thanks for the suggestion. I've gone over the entire car. There are no bumps. Its smooth all over. I've clayed a vehicle before and what I'm looking for is not on my car at all.