New addition to the garage

Scott P

Advanced Helper
For about two weeks, a neighbor three houses down from me had a fridge at the top of his driveway. I was told by one neighbor that it broke and he was throwing it out. So, a neighbor and I rolled it down the street and up into my garage. The wheels on those things are pretty nice and eliminated the need for a cart or dolly. The lights and evaporator fan would work when plugged in, but the compressor did not kick on. I found a great appliance parts forum and posted the model and symptoms to the board. A few tests with a multi-meter and a jumper made from a light switch and the compressor kicked on. So, $90 later, I have a fully functioning six year old garage fridge. Plenty of room for cold beverages, meats to marinade or brine and snacks for when I'm outside.

I did not get around to throwing a coat of PwS on it yet.

IMG_0741.jpg

To the left is the fridge that it replaced. Not a bad upgrade for $90.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
looks very nice ....sure put down the little guy :D nice job ... why not just put it on e-bay ?

Scott P

Advanced Helper
We've been wanting a fridge for the garage for a long time now. The thing is almost full already with Gatorade, Vitamin Water, beer and other beverages. Plus, it comes in very handy with thawing meat out of the freezer and the previously mentioned marinating for brining. Our indoor fridge is only 22 cu ft and this one is 26. If the wifey ever gets around to getting that 31 cu ft monster she wants, then the garage fridge will get sold.

G

Gus-Gus

I only see one problem.. the custom shelving above the mini fridge will have to go now.. unless you plan to keep it int he same place.. you should hit the fridge with pro polish and see how shiny you can make it lol

heck

Advanced Helper
I say pull up a comfortable chair, drink a beer and admire your work : ) and just Chill

Scott P

Advanced Helper
It's nice to have for sure. The fridge is staying put as I have no desire to relocate those shelves.

sscully

Advanced Helper
It's nice to have for sure. The fridge is staying put as I have no desire to relocate those shelves.

Actually might want to start trolling CL for kitchen cabinets being pulled.
Some people are reasonable with them being used ( not asking stupid money ).

You might find some good cabinets that just need to be sanded, primed and painted fit that area nice, and keep the dust off the stuff you have there.
Also might get some additional shelf space in cabinets to store the detailing products.

Scott P

Advanced Helper
The garage has plans, but they are a few projects down the road. I did buy some four bulb, 4 ft t-8 lighting fixtures at Lowes on clearance for $12 each that will go on the ceiling. I just want to run them on a separate switch, so that is a bit extra work. Then I can work on organizing and getting some good cabinets in there.