Need Some Suggestions

Reddwarf

Advanced Helper
I told a buddy I would detail his BMW. It is a dark grey color, looks like there may be some flecks but it looks like a muted color, not shiny. But then maybe that is because I have only seen it dirty! I think the color may be graphite

It doesn't look like it needs correction; however, I've not seen it clean in sun yet.

Some ideas for finish:

PB PwS, or
PB Black Hole topped with EX-P or,
PB Black Hole topped with Natty's Blue, or ?

Someone suggested this color would not be a good idea for Ex-P I have a RO.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Ron is probably the one to ask with regards to BMW paint.

IMHO, even if it seems to be in good shape, you should still use at least PwS first to clean the paint well before applying any glaze or wax.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member

IMHO, even if it seems to be in good shape, you should still use at least PwS first to clean the paint well before applying any glaze or wax.

I agree .. I would probably use Pro Polish, but PwS will suffice if the paint is in good shape ... then on to the Black Hole and EX-P as the EX-P will bring out the muted flakes.. Natty's Blue could always be added later to change the look.

ronkh

Da King

::: bowing :::

IMHO

Pro Polish - white pad. Then see what your really dealing with as far as correction work. (it may have taken care of itself w the pp on white pad. or then take care of correction work. If this is a recent model (ie last 7-8 yrs) and it is metallic it will be hard paint, if not metallic it will be soft)

Next I would go to Black Hole on black pad.

If you have the time........... EX-P, let cure.....
Then it depends on what type of look he likes. For deep rich wet I'd go with Natty's Blue Paste. Or if he likes bright bling I'd go w Natty's Red.

Or if ya really got the time

Natt's blue, then Natt's Red........

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

ronkh

Da King
As far as EX-P not being good on this color........ imho BULL

It is a great LSP or base, then just adjust the look w wax

C

Concours.John

I told a buddy I would detail his BMW. It is a dark grey color, looks like there may be some flecks but it looks like a muted color, not shiny. But then maybe that is because I have only seen it dirty! I think the color may be graphite

It doesn't look like it needs correction; however, I've not seen it clean in sun yet.

Some ideas for finish:

PB PwS, or
PB Black Hole topped with EX-P or,
PB Black Hole topped with Natty's Blue, or ?

Someone suggested this color would not be a good idea for Ex-P I have a RO.

This may be the color you are talking about It looked muted dark gray from a "polish" after a repainted bumper from the dealer. It looked like this after a few washes. He had to be convinced this is not how it should look. It was kinda hard as Ron mentioned.

07335iLeesman113.jpg

This is after with EXP there is quite a bit of flake including green. I hope this gives you an idea of what it can look like.

07335iLeesman189.jpg

07335iLeesman182.jpg

07335iLeesman187.jpg