Natural Look safe on painted plastic and Alcantara?

W

Wichard20

While planning to apply natural look to my vinyl dash/door panels, I was wondering if it can also be applied to painted plastic trim and door panel made of synthetic suede called Alcantara.

Thanks,
Rich

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Wichard20 said:
While planning to apply natural look to my vinyl dash/door panels, I was wondering if it can also be applied to painted plastic trim and door panel made of synthetic suede called Alcantara.

Thanks,
Rich
what kind of car are you applying it to?
I've used it on painted trim, sometimes buffing can be a little tricky to get it even if the surface is real smooth... I would try an inconspicuous spot for the Alcantara , as I'm not exactly sure what it really is :smt102 :)

W

Wichard20

poorboy said:
Wichard20 said:

Thanks,
Rich
I've used it on painted trim, sometimes buffing can be a little tricky to get it even if the surface is real smooth... I would try an inconspicuous spot for the Alcantara , as I'm not exactly sure what it really is :smt102 :)

This is on a 06 Pontiac GTO, Alcantara is basically a synthetic suede materiial, doing a google search it appears to be a non-woven suede made of Microfiber. The panels are not dirty but I really would like to put something to protect it espically from the sun.

Thanks,
Rich

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Wichard20 said:
poorboy said:
Wichard20 said:

Thanks,
Rich

This is on a 06 Pontiac GTO, Alcantara is basically a synthetic suede materiial, doing a google search it appears to be a non-woven suede made of Microfiber. The panels are not dirty but I really would like to put something to protect it espically from the sun.

Thanks,
Rich

I'll look into it :)

M

mblgjr

DO NOT let me repeat DO NOT use NL on the Alcantra or any fabric-like surface.

For the painted/slick plastics, stick with some PB QW or Natty's applied thin.

Any normal plastics, NL works great on.

Steve, for a reference Alcantra is what they use on the GTO and 03/4 Cobra's up the middle of the seats. It is just like suede in terms of its cleaning care/needs.

Here is a picture for reference, as you can see there is dark charcoal leather with the light gray Alcantra up the middle...

2004-mustang-cobra-interior.jpg

M

mblgjr

Just for good reference, here is a picture of the GTO interior as well.

I'm not exactly sure where the Alcantra is/was used on them though...

sm_image5_enlarge.jpg