My first PB detail

A

anolin

Here is my plan for my first full detail on a 7 week old BMW, Sapphire Grey Metallic:

1. wash (Megs GC, DP Extreme or SS&S in foam gun)
2. clay (lube with 50% diluted S&W)
3. dry
4. polish (ProPolish; PC with Edge polish pad - no cut)
5. sealant (EX-P by hand with MF applicator sponge)
6. repeat sealant
7. wax (Natty's Blue by hand)

here are my questions..
a. By using the diluted S&W for clay lube, can I just slowly wipe dry the vehicle using a quality MF drying towel? or should I re-wash and fully dry before polish?

b. Can I skip the polish step with new, pristine paint?

c. How many layers of EX-P do you recommend, If I only plan to do a full detail twice a year - Spring and Fall? FYI I live in Denver.

-------

For my weekly, between details washes, can I spray and wipe QW+ to a freshly washed car during the drying process, or should I fully dry the vehicle first?

1. wash
2. dry
3. QW+

or can I skip step 2?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
[quote =Originally Posted by anolin]

Here is my plan for my first full detail on a 7 week old BMW, Sapphire Grey Metallic:

1. wash (Megs GC, DP Extreme or SS&S in foam gun)
2. clay (lube with 50% diluted S&W)
3. dry
4. polish (ProPolish; PC with Edge polish pad - no cut)
5. sealant (EX-P by hand with MF applicator sponge)
6. repeat sealant
7. wax (Natty's Blue by hand)

:
here are my questions..
a. By using the diluted S&W for clay lube, can I just slowly wipe dry the vehicle using a quality MF drying towel? or should I re-wash and fully dry before polish?

Yes, you can just dry it before polishing. rewashing is not needed.

:
b. Can I skip the polish step with new, pristine paint?

That really depends on if there are any swirls or imperfections that need removing.

:
c. How many layers of EX-P do you recommend, If I only plan to do a full detail twice a year - Spring and Fall? FYI I live in Denver.

I would do two coats initially to insure total coverage, then wait a day or two and add a third

-------

:
For my weekly, between details washes, can I spray and wipe QW+ to a freshly washed car during the drying process, or should I fully dry the vehicle first?

1. wash
2. dry
3. QW+

or can I skip step 2?

For using QW+, I'd dry first before applying, but what I do recommend is using Spray & Gloss before drying which will add more gloss and more slickness to the drying process to help prevent micro-marring.