R

rja1980

2006 Honda Civic 2.2 i-CTDi Sport in Nighthawk Black pearl:

civic_blk-02.jpg

civic_blk-01.jpg

I used the following products:

Poorboy's EX-P Sealant
Natty's Blue wax

I gave the car a once over using SSR2 followed by SSR1 last month before using the above products. What with winter coming I thought I give the car a top-up of just the EX-P and Natty's Blue.

Next time I get the car in direct midday sun I'll take a close-up photo of the car, as the EX-P really makes the metallic flakes pop (not easy on Nighthawk Black).

Edit (25th Aug 07): Fixed broken picture links

Rollingrock

Advanced Helper
your car looks amazing.

I bought PB based on looking at your car.

I am happy with my results but yours are simply amazing.

07SubbieWagon

Please, please, please dress your wheel well liners. Even if it is a couple of spritzes of a tire dressing.. even armor all.

Nice clean car and dirty, gray wheel well liners. I see that on so many cars.

R

rja1980

Thanks!

I have to admit, I never until recently thought about cleaning inside the wheel wells. The only time I did try to clean them was after my having a new front wing (US translation...fender?) put on my 2004 Honda Jazz after a collision, seeing as the new one was all clean inside and the others were dirty, it was clear that my car had been in a fender-bender!

Anyway, since purchasing a new car last month I have been washing the wheel wells regularly, just a quick wash with a sponge. I'll remember the idea of using some tyre dressing, never thought of that.

I never got the chance to get a decent photo of the metallic flakes up-close (the camera picked up too much reflection from sky, buildings & myself) but trust me, they really did pop! This colour has blue metallic flakes which look fantastic, but unlike some blacks on Toyota's and BMW's, it is not easy to bring out the metallic flakes on Honda's Nighthawk Black Pearl. Until I gave the car the Poorboy's treatment, you really needed to be close up to see the flakes in the paint and then only in very direct sunlight. Sadly, in this circumstance you would spot the swirl marks first.

The wet look of the paint is down to the Natty's Blue. The EX-P sealant is also excellent - after these photos were taken (late October) the car was not washed until late January, and the dirt and grime just lifted off. Although black is a real labour of love to maintain, nothing beats a well-detailed black car!