MF questions

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
Are the DMT's and UMT's the same, with one having the silk border while the other doesn't?

Also, is there anything that the DMT's AREN'T good for?

sscully

Advanced Helper
I asked something similar a few weeks back.

DMT to Mega Plush

Andy from Waxmonkey ( Dist-d in the UK ) and Pockets confirmed the Mega Plush are basically the DMT's without the silk boarder they have a MF sewn boarder on them. Same sides tight and other side plush.

UMT to DMT
The UMT is a very soft towel, and only really useful at removing dry items ( not designed for QD type work ).

I ordered up the DMTs that were on sale at the time.

I really like the DMTs and was starting to fall for the buy the thickest longest nap MF towel out there.
The thread was a smack up along side the head to stick with Mega Plush or DMTs ( the towels I was replacing are antique Mega Plush towels ).

http://poorboysworld.net/board/showthread.php?1433-Input-on-DMT-to-UMT-and-Mega-Plush-towels

Right now the UMTs are on sale on the Ultrafinish site ( 6 pack < 3.00 each ), if you wanted to find out for yourself.

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
Thanks. I always confuse the UMT's for the mega-plush.

I have a few UMT's that I got during the holiday sales, they are nice towels.

DMT has always been my go to towel though and I did pick up a 6 pack during the sale last month. =) I use them for everything it seems, polish removal, wax removal, spray and wash, etc.