Mazda Tribute detail...

YNOT

Helper
I've done 3 details recently, however I got some great 'before' shots of the first 2 but ran out of time to get any 'afters'. So on this last one, I took a few before's of the exterior and for whatever reason, I forgot to get any of the interior. It wasn't really too bad, just riddled with dirt and such and it was nice and clean when I finished it.

This was one of my wife's nail customers and she heard how picky I was with my cars and that I did detailing for friends, so she wanted hers done. Overall the car was in pretty good shape to begin with, just a few minor scratches and some swirls/marring here and there.

So I washed the whole SUV with Dawn, claybarred the entire car, then washed it again. Then polished it all with Poorboy's SSR1, 2.5 and 3 in some spots. The entire interior got wiped down with Poorboy's Spray and Wash/Simple Green in a few spots and vacuumed with my RIDGID WD4050. Once finished, the entire car got 2 coats of Natty's Blue and the tires and fender wells got coated with Poorboy's Bold n Bright. Windows got the once-over with newspaper first and followed up by Stoner's. The ride was gleaming when the lady came to pick her up and she was overly thrilled with how clean and shiny it was.

So with that I'll leave you with the good part...

An overall "before"...

overall_34view_before.jpg

An overall "after"...

overall_after.jpg

There was a big scratch/paint mark on the front fender...

fender-scratch.jpg

And with the help of my yellow pad and Poorboy's SSR3 and some elbow grease, she came out...

fender_after.jpg

The rear fender had a few scratches as well...

rear_fender-scratch2.jpg

These were deeper, so I was able to cut them back, but couldn't eliminate them all the way...

rear_fender-scratch_fixed.jpg

And because I loved the shots, here are two of it all finished in my garage...just look at that shine on the hood!

shiny_hood.jpg

shiny_hood_2.jpg

And I've got a question for all of you 'pros'...how do you go about getting up close around the washer nozzles and other details like this? I didn't much care to leave the staining around it, but wasn't sure how to get it off. Any suggestions??

wiper_nozzle.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed the pics. Any comments or critiques are certainly welcome. I'm still learning, but I'm finally getting a bit faster with my processes/techniques.

P

pgcobravert

it may not be the right way, as I am far from a great detailer, but I like to use the blue painters tape around those things. Detail looks really good!

P

Pockets

Great job Tony and Like I said on ODC I like to use a foam hand pad to get up close and personal with those little sprayer nozzles

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Nice work Tony .. don't worry about pictures ..all that really counts in the end is if the customer is happy.

YNOT

Helper
it may not be the right way, as I am far from a great detailer, but I like to use the blue painters tape around those things. Detail looks really good!

Yeah, that blue tape works really good...just wasn't sure how to get the pad to polish well right up next to those small edges.

Great job Tony and Like I said on ODC I like to use a foam hand pad to get up close and personal with those little sprayer nozzles

I'll try that next time...thanks Chris!

Nice work Tony .. don't worry about pictures ..all that really counts in the end is if the customer is happy.

That's true Steve...but I was particularly happy with this purple Firebird I did recently and really wanted some good after pics. The transformation was awesome and the lady said the next day she had a guy at the store ask her who had 're-painted' it. He was shocked when he heard that it was just recently detailed.

And in fact...I've had two different people come up to me in the last 3 months and ask me if my truck was repainted. So your products are certainly making an impression on people. Thanks!!!!!