Looking for a sealant...

S

Sellncars

Hello everyone,

I want to try a new sealant and would like to try Poorboys. Which sealant from Poorboys will give me the longest protection? I wash twice a week in the summer and apply a spray wax as well. When not raining i also QD these vehicles.

Thank you,
Sellncars

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Depending on the look you want, either EX-P or EX could work similarly for you, especially using a spray wax for touch-ups.

As a stand alone, I'd guess EX-P.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I'd also go with EX or EX-P and follow and maintain with either Spray & Gloss or QD+ ... Spray & Gloss i would also use as a drying aid to reduce friction and increase gloss during drying...

S

Sellncars

BigLeegr said:
Depending on the look you want, either EX-P or EX could work similarly for you, especially using a spray wax for touch-ups.

So what is the difference in the look? I personally love the shine and clarity.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Sellncars said:
BigLeegr said:

then go with EX-P :wink:

BigLeegr

Staff member
Sellncars said:
BigLeegr said:

EX has carnauba in it, so it's a bit "warmer" like a wax.

EX-P is clearer, so as Mr. Poorboy said, you may like using this more.

One point, though, if you use a carnauba spray wax, you won't keep the clarity of EX-P.

M

mad992

Re:

BigLeegr said:
Sellncars said:
BigLeegr said:

EX has carnauba in it, so it's a bit "warmer" like a wax.

EX-P is clearer, so as Mr. Poorboy said, you may like using this more.

One point, though, if you use a carnauba spray wax, you won't keep the clarity of EX-P.

sorry for draggin up the old thread,
ive bought EX-p and EX and yesterday i washed my mitz applied black hole by hand,then 2x coats ex-p by hand and thin like every1 says 8) , so i was wondering should i have a go at putting EX on top of EX-p , then nattys blue x2, would i be wasting my time with EX .. as in the durability factor???????????......because EX-p has made the metallic flake jump out at me i kinda like that look now :lol: its different to the wet carnauba look as steve says it POPS :smt007

BigLeegr

Staff member
I don't think you'll get much extra durability with the added sealant.
As to the look, I'd say try it on a section of the car and see if you like the look enough to do the whole car. Maybe try it on a larger panel like the hood or trunk and do a half and half set up to get a more readily visually apparent contrast.

M

mad992

sweet , thanks for the reply iam so impressed with all poorboys products you simply cant go wrong with any thing
next detail ill try some thing different got any ideas :?:

ps whats the best way to strip all products off ,to start fresh i love experimenting with different procedures and applications :lol:

BigLeegr

Staff member
If you don't need correction, I'd go with ProPolish.
As to combos, just see what you like.
Different looks for different folks.

M

mad992

well ive just ordered some pro polish so ill give this a big shove and try something different maybe ill use a white ccs pad with pp,to strip old product then bh, then 2x ex then 2x nb, ill see what that looks like :)

M

mad992

this weekend its pro polish with white ccs pad
then pp with black ccs
exp x2

ill see how shiney i can get my mitsubishi :lol:

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
mad992 said:
this weekend its pro polish with white ccs pad
then pp with black ccs