Liquid Nattys Blue

M

mrvelvet

I just ordered 32 oz of LNB wax and was wondering about the consistency of the product. When I saw the introduction of it in the video on Autogeek.net the product looked like it has some thickness to it as I would expect but I got a bottle that was very "loose" and watery If that makes any sense. The blue color separates from the rest of the wax in the bottle. What is the true consistency of this wax :?: :?: :?:

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
What you have is correct, I wasn't there when AG did their video. It is supposed to separate while shelf sitting and will mix easily upon shaking.
It is supposed to be very thin and a little will go a long way :D

C

chris223

I purchased a sample size of this because I really wanted to give it a try. I'm curious if using say a PC with a 5.5" LC grey CCS pad... in say quarter sized spots on the pad how many would I be using to do a whole car? I've always unfortunately been a guilty as charged over-user of product, lol. I guess if I can't see the product on the paint I feel it's not there and sometimes when you're using just a tiny amount and a PC you never really see the product once you work it... there is no haze to buff off.

But with this sample I want to give it a shot on a few different color cars to see how it looks. Also, how does the durability of it stack up to say EX-P? Which is a common go-to wax for me. It'd be great if it were more durable as that's about the only thing I can't say I love about EX-P, durability isn't bad, but is certainly no Collinite.

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
I got the opportunity to give LNB a drive once-around-the-block this weekend.
I did shake LNB up a bit before use as I could see a little separation on the top.
I found the product consistency to be thin so be very careful to not use too much.
Vehicle 2006 Red Toyota Solara with nothing special about the paint correction polish.

From what I understand via Poorboy’s this ”liquid blue version is supposed to outlast its pasty
brother in durability. Also the wax content is equal to the content of the paste.” Is this correct?

Quote from Pockets,
"LNB is not a cleaner wax. The solvents that make the product liquid can clean a little with the right application,
such as a polishing pad or hard rubbing. it is meant to be used with a finishing pad at low speed or by hand just
spreading it out. it will never remove swirls or scratches and cannot strip a car of all its wax or sealant.".

Application:
I applied LNB product with a PC speed 3 with a 5.5" Lake Country flat black pad. You could do it by hand if you want.
I applied two coats. The wait time between coats was probably 10 minutes to haze & took 30 minutes start to finish.
I like Poorboy’s stuff it's made to be used in the sun or shade. On the Red 2006 Solara I was able to work in the shade.

Removal:
Removal was easier that the application. A very light wipe with a Microfiber towel and it seemed like it just fell off
There was some dusting but it was so minor that it's not even worth mentioning. (Yeah, I know I just mentioned it)
It was late and got dark so I didn't get any pics yet. I will try to take a few today. Pictures never do it justice??

I looked at the results this morning in the sun.

I found a few spots in the morning sun where I had missed removing the Liquid Natty’s Blue last night.
A fast, quick easy swipe with a MF towel and they came off with no effort.(after being left on overnight)

Results:
The results are a very shiny, high gloss, sparkling, slick, finish that required very little time, effort & energy.
I'm not sure about longevity or durability I just applied it but I will admit today I already received 3 or 4 compliments
LNB is excellent if you want fast, easy to apply, easy to remove and nice glossy look without that fake plastic shine.
So if you really enjoy an LSP that is difficult, finicky and cumbersome to apply and is a struggle or streaky to remove...
Then Liquid Natty's Blue is NOT the product for you. IMHO - LNB is easy to apply, a breeze to remove and looks great!
So far I have used LNB on plain white stock paint, a blue 5.0 Mustang and a Red Solara all three had sparkling results!

Can someone chime it about the Carnauba content?
I was told that you can not have the same quantity of carnauba (by volume) in a liquid that you can have in a paste unless the Carnauba content in the paste you are comparing it to is extremely small. Reason being...Carnauba being a very hard brittle product.

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I used the stuff on a friend's black Chevy SSR and it looked fantastic. He won at the car show he entered too. I found it very easy to use. A little does go a long way for sure. Now, if I could just get a break from this 100 degree Texas heat, I might get to use it again.

ronkh

Da King
I used the stuff on a friend's black Chevy SSR and it looked fantastic. He won at the car show he entered too. I found it very easy to use. A little does go a long way for sure. Now, if I could just get a break from this 100 degree Texas heat, I might get to use it again.

Actually, if you can handle the heat, it can too. Even easier to remove the longer/hotter it sits.

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I can handle the heat, I just choose not to. :) I need to mow lawn, but the temp is near 100 plus the heat index. I am so not looking forward to that job. It takes less than an hour, so I don't get much of a tan. I just sweat a lot.

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
I got the opportunity to give LNB a drive once-around-the-block this weekend.
I did shake LNB up a bit before use as I could see a little separation on the top.
I found the product consistency to be thin so be very careful to not use too much.
Vehicle 2006 Red Toyota Solara with nothing special about the paint correction polish.

Well I know it's only been a week since I applied LNB But I just wanted to add...the plain red still sparkles and it's still slick.
Easy to apply, easy to remove and has a very glossy shine...I'm loving this stuff!

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Well I know it's only been a week since I applied LNB But I just wanted to add...the plain red still sparkles and it's still slick.
Easy to apply, easy to remove and has a very glossy shine...I'm loving this stuff!

great to hear :smt080

ronkh

Da King

pics required or it didnt happen

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
pics required or it didnt happen

Well not a great pic (angle, reflection, lighting etc.) but you get the idea.

Solara.jpg

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
considering i can count palm leaves, really really nice
Thanks for the kind words

OK...When the sun came up this morning (the sun is left behind the car) I took a couple more pics.
I just have a small (POS) point-and-shoot camera (but hey it's way better than my iPhone camera)

Solara1.jpg

LNB is an absolute breeze to apply. I used a PC for a quick and easy application but I'm sure it's just as easy by hand.

Solara2.jpg

Removal (I did that by hand) was even easier than application. A quality MF towel w/VERY light pressure & it floats off.
KUDOS to the PB folks...Liquid Natty's Blue is a winner! BTW-It has rained on this car about 8-10 times since application.

----------------------------------------------

MiracleDetail.jpg

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
Just curious...feedback appreciated.

I was told that you can not have the same quantity of carnauba (by volume) in a liquid that you can have in a paste unless the Carnauba content in the paste you are comparing it to is extremely small. Reason being...Carnauba being a very hard brittle product.

Well in case you haven't figured it out by now I think that Liquid Natty's Blue is a flat out awesome product!
It's fast & easy to apply & remove (usually takes me under 15 minutes) and gives a sparkling "show car" finish.
It's been just under 100 degrees every day & rained every afternoon for a week & it still looks like I just did it.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member

I don't know the %. I'm guessing Steve would likely be the only one (or maybe Pockets), but it may be proprietary info.

As to the "paste vs. liquid" question I've been told it depends on the carriers, as liquids use different solvents etc. than pastes. (It's not that you use the paste formula and just water it down to make a liquid version.)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I don't know the %. I'm guessing Steve would likely be the only one (or maybe Pockets), but it may be proprietary info.

As to the "paste vs. liquid" question I've been told it depends on the carriers, as liquids use different solvents etc. than pastes. (It's not that you use the paste formula and just water it down to make a liquid version.)

Bigleegr is correct, it is proprietary but i can tell you we use more carnauba in the liquid than the paste. Solvents are similar, but the thickeners are totally different. I'd say you get a little brighter shine from the liquid than the paste, but the paste gives a depth that the liquid just can't match.