Lil' bit of Aloha....from Texas!

R

rossmeister

Yes, you heard right. Aloha from Texas! I was born and raised in HI and have been in TX for nearly 14 years.

I've only recently gotten serious about auto detailing and have heard many good things regarding Poorboy's products. As I was growing up Simoniz, Meg's, Mothers and Turtle Wax were just about the only things available. Fast forward about 30 years and the product line-ups from all manufacturers are simply mind-boggling!

Luckily I've become a member of this forum (and other forums as well) and have learned so much. So much so that I've learned how to wade through all the BS and find out what works best for me....and it seems Poorboy's is a perfect fit.

I'm not ready to do a full-detailing session just yet, but would like to share with you what I have planned when my first 'mini-order' of products arrive. (Bought from a competing website)

Rinseless wash
PB PP (deep clean)
LNB

BTW, my vehicle is a White, '12 Honda Fit. As with almost all jpnse cars the finish is 'soft', and since I can live with some very minor swirls and scratches, I've opted to use PP only with a Polishin' Pal using the red finishing pad. I'll be claying AND polishing together at a later date.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and give a big Howzit to all transplanted "Hawaii-ites". If there is such a thing. LOL
:smt020

heck

Advanced Helper
Welcome aboard, I think you love the poorboys products. With the PP I think you maybe pleasantly surprised with the results on your car.

R

rossmeister

Welcome aboard, I think you love the poorboys products. With the PP I think you maybe pleasantly surprised with the results on your car.

Thanks, Heck. It's good to be here. Gotta have a hobby, and this seems like a very productive one, right? LOL

sscully

Advanced Helper
Welcome to the site, you will learn quite a bit from the members that have been here for some time.

As for soft paint, don't believe a lot of what you read. I had the same misunderstanding about it when I did a detail on my sisters '02 Honda Civic. It had moderate marring on the paint and I used an orange pad & MF cutting pad on it to get all the defects out of the paint. I stepped up quick from blue to black to white, and then straight to orange. After I found this I got out the Opti MF cutting pad. Did a follow up with the Opti MF Polishing pad, and then with a blue pad before LSP.

Nothing wrong with starting with red and PP, that is a great last step polish combo for increasing gloss.
If you don't have that OCD no defects stance ( right now ) , might want to look at some White Diamond as well. This will help with hiding or minimizing some of the defects that are left on the paint after the PP step.

Same application method as you are using for PP, red pad.

G

Gus-Gus

Welcome to the site! Have fun and dont forget to take pictures!

R

rossmeister

Welcome to the site! Have fun and dont forget to take pictures!

I'll be sure to take some 'Before' and 'After' shots. Hope the weather will agree with me. White is HORRIBLY hard to photograph when it's full-on sunny.

R

rossmeister

If you don't have that OCD no defects stance ( right now ) , might want to look at some White Diamond as well. This will help with hiding or minimizing some of the defects that are left on the paint after the PP step.

Same application method as you are using for PP, red pad.

You had to see my previous car, a dark green '02 Saturn SL2. I was not very detail savvy in those years and there was spider webbing, swirls and fine scratches galore! If I only knew then what I know now.

My wife thinks I have an 'obsession'. I call it economics and good common sense. Protect my second biggest investment to the best of my abilities and hopefully retain more resale value. Besides, this 'obsession' as she calls it is fun and relaxing, and perhaps I can open up a side business of light detailing. My condo unit has tons of beautiful cars, but almost none of the owners takes the time to care for them properly. A little extra income is always nice, wouldn't you say?