layering nattys red over blue?

M

msbeardmore

I have just done a mid winter small detail and was just wondering if you agree that ive done my application in the right order? I started by giving the car a coat of black hole followed by 2 of ex-p. the car was left overnight for the sealant to cure.
The following day i topped this with a coat of blue, left on for 30 mins then the same with the nattys red! :D :?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
That would be the right order.

(I personally wait until my next wash to add each extra layer of wax, but then many people apply multiple layers at once to get "just the right look.")

M

msbeardmore

[attachment=2:2a0crky1]PIC_0126.JPG[/attachment:2a0crky1][attachment=1:2a0crky1]PIC_0123.JPG[/attachment:2a0crky1][attachment=0:2a0crky1]PIC_0118.JPG[/attachment:2a0crky1]
some pictures as requested! hope you like them!

Larry A

Advanced Helper
Wouldnt EXP remove the Black Hole? Isent red and blue over kill. wouldnt you use one or the other?

M

msbeardmore

Larry A said:
Wouldnt EXP remove the Black Hole? Isent red and blue over kill. wouldnt you use one or the other?
exp is just a sealant so it should just seal in the black hole, as far as im concerned layering the waxes to get the desired finish and protection is the way to apply wax, especially as i dont know when i will get another opportunity given current weather conditions here!

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
sounds like you had a good winter detail ... I would let it sit for a week and then look for a good sunny day and give a quick wash and another coat of Blue ... :smt004

M

msbeardmore

combo of both seems to work ok for me, stuff what everyone else thinks

ronkh

Da King
Poorboy said:
ronkh said:
msbeardmore said:
combo of both seems to work ok for me, stuff what everyone else thinks

Welcome to the newest "wax waster" :smt006

He/she might want one of our signs 8)

CIMG0080.jpg