Howdy from Buford, Georgia, USA

JaddieGA

Helper
Dear Friends

I'm new to detailing and Poorboy's and followed a handful of expert detailers to this forum. After thirteen years of driving a '98 Chevy Malibu, my wife and I bought a '12 Odyssey for me to chauffeur our toddler, Max, around in, and I've been trying to keep the van and her car, a 2003 Lexus ES300, clean and shiny.

I've developed a strange and limitless need for microfiber towels and Poorboy's DMTs top most experienced detailers' lists. I haven't tried one yet, but as soon as there's a sale or a break in shipping, I plan to try a dozen. I'm proud of my small but growing collection of microfibers. I have several Cobra wipers, about nine Chinchillas, ten 530gsms and ten 360gsms from Microfiber Tech, four Sonus buffing towels, five Silver Surfer edgeless, two big PakShak waffle weaves, two Chemical Guys drying towels, a dozen el-cheapo wipers from eBay, a dozen el-cheapo waffle weaves from eBay, a couple of more wipers from PakShak, four Chemical Guys Sasquatch towels, and a few from Walmart.

I'd like to participate in any group buys for microfibers and am interested in good deals in general, so please contact me if you know of a deal.

The paint on my wife's Lexus has some serious scratches on it that are into the primer, so I haven't tried to tackle those problems. I'll have to find an experienced paint person to help with those.

There isn't one square inch of our new Odyssey's paint that isn't covered with orange peel, but if getting rid of the orange peel involves wet sanding, it'll have to stay that way.

I'm not a car guy but my father-in-law is. Here's an image of his pride and joy:

camaro_finished.jpg

--Jaddie

W

wallywax

Welcome. Nice car. Seems like you have an addiction to Microfiber??? lol

sscully

Advanced Helper
Welcome from another novice detailer.

BigLeegr already gave you the URL to the PB MF store. Keep an eye there and in the # Poorboy's Members Only Sale forum here ( which will have more than just MF products ).

Wait until you try one of th ePB MF against the cobra. I fell for that one already with 2 different ones. My minor experience told me, I had been had.

heck

Advanced Helper
Yes Sir,
All three tracks, Motocross, Dirt track, and Drag strip are open and running in a few weeks. Awe Spring time in the air!

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Well how about that? DMT's are on sale this month on the Ultrafinish site!

JaddieGA

Helper
Dear BigLeegr

Well how about that? DMT's are on sale this month on the Ultrafinish site!

Yessirree, and I took advantage of the sale, too, and love those towels.

And now that the UMTs are on sale this month, I'm going to make my awesome microfiber collection even more glorious.

(I really have to quit this at some point. I think I have around ninety towels now.)

--Jaddie