How long should I expect PwS to last?

P

peacemaker

I just purchased some and curious to know how long I should expect it to last. My paint is in pretty good shape (light swirls/marring), and I am going to apply by hand w/ a foam pad.

P

Pockets

Hey Peacemaker,

You should typically get anywhere from 2 - 4 months from PWS ...... I usually top it off with a sealant that will get you to 3 - 6 months

P

peacemaker

I have a few yellow foam pads that I was planning on using with the PwS. Reading the instructions, it says that I should use a soft terry cloth in order to apply as a polish. I have light marring on my paint that need to come out. I would like to use this as a PwS & top with a wax after.

Can I use the yellow foam pad to take out the light marring? Also, do I follow the instructions for using the terry cloth in and up and down motion? Followed by a quick wipe?

I only have one ultra plush MF, could I use a regular MF + S&W to remove the polish? is this even necessary?

How about curing?

G

Gus-Gus

Who is the maker of the yellow foam pad? are we talking a buffer pad or an applicator?

you should be able to use the ultra plush to remove the polish haze thats left behind.. No real need to use spray and wipe and a towel to remove it as it will come of really easy.

No need for curing time with PWS i would say 10 minutes at the most but i believe its instant..

P

peacemaker

I washed, clayed, ipa wipedown, and used pws yesterday. I didn't have a clean terry to polish w/, and when I went to the store, they were sitting on a dusty shelf that I just didn't trust to be clean. So I used the yellow foam applicator pad (the ones in the link are what I have). These seem like applicator pads and very fine. It didn't do a good job of taking out marks w/o using heavy pressure (and even at that, it was not great). I used an up and down, left-right criss cross to apply it. It came out nice, but when I looked later, I still had some very light marring. Looks like the pads didn't do a good job of polishing.

I will need to get a swirl LED light to see the swirls on my candy white paint. It's very difficult to see the marring (good thing I guess, but difficult to take out). I'm not sure if I want to go through the trouble of removing the sealant to remove those light swirls.

G

Gus-Gus

I didnt see the link earlier sorry about that.. if you are going to do it by hand Poorboys sells the Lake County Hand Applicator pads.. i would buy a 4 pack 2 red a black and a white start off with the black and see if it will remove the light marring that you described.. if not you can try the white but in most cases the black will be enough. the red is great for your final step as they have no cutting ability.

P

peacemaker

I didnt see the link earlier sorry about that.. if you are going to do it by hand Poorboys sells the Lake County Hand Applicator pads.. i would buy a 4 pack 2 red a black and a white start off with the black and see if it will remove the light marring that you described.. if not you can try the white but in most cases the black will be enough. the red is great for your final step as they have no cutting ability.

Interesting. That's useful. I don't see the package you described, only 1 of each color:
http://www.poorboysworld.com/FoamedWoolPads.htm

If I wanted to go back and redo it, I have to do all the same steps again right? wash, clay, ipa, polish, then another coat for the seal? :smt091

G

Gus-Gus

Interesting. That's useful. I don't see the package you described, only 1 of each color:
http://www.poorboysworld.com/FoamedWoolPads.htm

If I wanted to go back and redo it, I have to do all the same steps again right? wash, clay, ipa, polish, then another coat for the seal? :smt091

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Century Gothic]4 Piece Mixed Kit

[/FONT]
If you want to change the colors just send Pockets a pm and let him know what you want.. they are really great and always willing to help out.

P

Pockets

Do I have to repeat everything I did yesterday? :(

You wont have to redo it all

Use Spray and Wipe for a waterless wash than do the polish and seal step again if you would like to remove the slight marring.

If I was you though I might wait till the winter is approaching and do a polishing and a sealant coat then .... just leave it for now.

P

peacemaker

You wont have to redo it all

Use Spray and Wipe for a waterless wash than do the polish and seal step again if you would like to remove the slight marring.

If I was you though I might wait till the winter is approaching and do a polishing and a sealant coat then .... just leave it for now.

Sound's like a better idea. My friend has a GG buffer that I can use before the winter. I'll make sure I get a black pad for the polish.

P

peacemaker

When I polish with the black pad, do I have to apply a second coat to seal? Or should this step seal it as well?

P

Pockets

When I polish with the black pad, do I have to apply a second coat to seal? Or should this step seal it as well?

If using PWS with a black pad it will leave protection behind. Not as much as a straight coat of sealant would though but like I said before about 2 months