How hard are DA'a -Flex & Harbor Freight Machines to use?

B

Black03Cobra

Hello everyone ,
So, I recently found PB's products ,tried BH Natty's Blue on my Black 03 Cobra. And it was love at first sight ..lol.. After I used PB BH by hand then had a friend from another forum tell me to do the BH/Natty's thing , layer them and wipe off at once OMG man , I'd love to try some of the other Products out there but IDK and IDT anything would be as user friendly and fool proof as PB's products are.Not too mention the Results ! I'm mean when the Sun catch's you , there's no need to freak or chase the Shade .That in itself is amazing . With that said ?I'm happy and a PB's customer for life .
Ok onto the Title , even though I got very good results w/ PB's ALL have been solely hand applied & removed, I just can't imagine and actually find myself day dreaming (hahaha yup I'm addicted ! hahaha ) of how amazing BH ,Natty 's etc will look when done with a Machine. I've never used one on a car .I have a regular orbital on a Boats haul a couple times .But IMO , that is nothing compared to haven at it w/ a DA on a Black painted car . I've read that DA"s won't hurt your paint even if you are a beginner . How true is this ? Is this just a sales pitch ? Which one/brand would be good for a beginner ? Most are very expensive for me anyhow .Partly 'cause I have another hobby/addiction .. HORSEPOWER ha! As well as I no longer make the Finance's I used too , like many others I presume .Also,I've looked into paying for a "correction" I believe it's called but I do not know anyone in my area I would trust enough . I've met some guys on other detailing forums ,however they are hours away , want $$$ that I can't swing and or plans just never seem to pan out.
OK then ! So , anyone here have that 59 $(49 $ w/ a coupon !) DA from Harbor Freight ? How's it compared to the other more expensive brands ?I'm guessing it doesn't really stack up ,but for a beginner is it safe ? Get the job done ? IDC about time , It's a hobby so I don't need a machine that is fast per say . Just looking to get the most out of my PB's products ,and of course lose some swirls and get my Paint looking best I can . I'm sure I have other questions lol bit for sake of not making this post any longer than it is.. If I may say , I'm not one to ever post in Forums , but I trulley do love PB's Products and am on a quest to make my paint look the best it can . Any and all input would be nice , hopefully this sparks some intrigue and those many out there like myself can benefit from some good honest advice. Thanks in advance for reading and your input , it is most positively appreciated and wanted.
Daren

heck

Advanced Helper
I started with a Griot's D/A with lifetime warranty.
I have know moved up the the Flex force rotational machine.
Like everything I started on the lower end, still have the DA and works great, but when time become the factor the Flex wins.
You can not tell which cars I used the griots vs. the Flex. Check my albums on this board or facebook

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I have no experience with the Harbor Freight unit, but their tools always scared me. Have you tried checking craigslist or pawn shops? My neighbor got a PC7424 for $30 from a pawn shop. These machines are plenty safe and you can't damage your paint with them. The other side of that equation is that you also can't correct the more severe defects with them either.

B

Black03Cobra

Thanks for the RE , yea , having 26 years in Carpentry , I too was leery of HF , however some talented detailers said it is a decent piece. I recently was very blessed , a friend I met on another forum( AG) totally surprised & shocked me by shipping a box of goodies to me .Four new Pads , New 3m backing Plate and However used nonetheless it works perfect, a 3D DA . I was happy that he answers my 100s of emails with twice as many questions in them lmao .All free. He goes by Tuscarora Dave , thanks again Dave if you see this .
For now I'll stick with my trusty Poorboy's World Black Hole Show Glaze until I'm confident to even attempt an abrasive polish .So, prolly better that they don't have the capacity for corrections for me . I'm no stranger to tools or even detailing by hand
but using Machines is new too me . So, for now Im content hiding those pesky swirls that love to hang out on Black paint ! : )
thanks again for replying , much appreciated
Daren