Help put together a package......

G

GuysMonteSS

Hey everybody,next spring I plan on getting my 468 big block powered 1986 Monte Carlo SS professionally painted.When its done,I have decided to go with a waterless wash system,and after some research on the net,I have decided to use Poorboy's.
I want to order a summers supply of stuff,such as the spray & wash,and also a wax and polish.
So we are looking at 4-5 months worth of product,say maybe 30-40 washes.
Are the micro fibre towels a necessary item ??
I usually attend 10-12 car shows a summer,is a detailer needed also ???
The car will be wet sanded and buffed when done,and I want to keep it looking as good as I possibly can.
Any help or tips will be appreciated.
Guy

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Might as well go for the 5 gallon S+W right off the bat. :smt045 If you are keeping it garaged/trailered and needing only "dusting" you might be able get by with a gallon.
Good MF makes maintaining a swirl free finish a bit easier. Some people use 100% cotton. If they are really good quality they work well too. I think it's usually easier to get better quality MF than cotton cloths.
For the QD, you might want to try both S+G and QD+ to see which look you like better. You can mix S+G with S+W to get some cleaning and gloss boost at the same time (such as at car shows). QD+ does both, but gives a different look. If you choose QD+ I'd recommend getting at least a quart. At 1oz. a time, you'd get around 30 applications from a bottle. (You'd likely use it more than once a day during the shows to wipe off the finger prints and such.)

G

GuysMonteSS

Thanks for the reply,what about a good wax & polish ???
Guy

BigLeegr

Staff member
Well, depending on what effort you want to put in there's 1 step polish/waxes and there are the multiple step options.
PwC, PwC Blue and PwS are all 1 Steppers. As to the multiple step options, there are many combos. You'll need to decide on that yourself. There are many threads on these you can read to get an idea as to what look/effort you may like.

G

GuysMonteSS

Thanks BigLeegr,I am also from Canada,Nova Scotia,do you buy your cleaning supplies from eshine in Ont. ???

Guy

G

GuysMonteSS

Later today I'll compile a list and maybe you can critique it for me.
Guy

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Sounds like it's going to be an awesome looking car ... :smt023

yes Chris at Eshine is great to work with and if you e-mail him he can probably work out a combo deal for you that meets your needs :smt080

G

GuysMonteSS

Poorboy said:
Sounds like it's going to be an awesome looking car ... :smt023

yes Chris at Eshine is great to work with and if you e-mail him he can probably work out a combo deal for you that meets your needs :smt080

Thanks,I'll keep that in mind !!!
Guy

G

GuysMonteSS

How does this sound for a summer supply ??

5 gallons S&W,
128 oz QD+
1 can Natty Blue
1 bottle Busch Super Shine
1/2 doz BOGO Fluffer MF 16 x 24 towels
2 4 inch MF foam applicators

Guy

BigLeegr

Staff member
No polish? Not even a 1 stepper? You should probably get at least Pro Polish, as you will (sadly) most likely get marring from people rubbing against your car and nothing you listed will fix that.

Also, you may want to talk to Chris before ordering so you can get a 5 gallon container instead of 5 1 gallon containers. (He doesn't usually carry the 5 gal. containers, but he may be willing to order 1 in for you.)

Do you already have stuff for the rubber? Interior?

G

GuysMonteSS

I wasnt sure about polish,but I will add it to the list a bottle of Poorboys polish with carnuba,blue,and some rubber & interior stuff too.
Guy
PS.Thanks for the help