Hello from Hudson Valley, Ny

J

jdon0625

Hello! Name's Jesse.

A friend of mine uses poorboys products and even gave me some natty's blue paste and gloss + wipe and spray + wipe. He showed me what they could do on his car. I just recently bought a new 2012 honda accord and I want to keep it looking it's best.

I need some advice and what I should buy/use.

I am going to buy the bucket special for the general washing of the vehicle. Then im confused what to do after washing from top down.. do I need to use EX-P and then the Pro Polish and finish with the natty's wax? :confused: Or should I just use the PwS instead? Or maybe because the car is mint.. all I need is the natty's after the wash?

I also plan to also buy the natural dressing to dress the tires. Can I use the spray+wipe to clean the wheels/interior also? Does natural dressing also do the interior?

Lol, sorry about all the questions!

Thanks for the help though.. much appreciated from this newbie :)

G

Gus-Gus

OK! lets tackle this from the top!! Welcome to the board! keep all arms and legs inside the ride at all times. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :)

did the dealer "detail" the car before you got it? if so you may have some DISO (dealer installed swirl option) on the paint..

Polish is always the first step (after a good claying) im not sure how much your friend details but claying is usually the first step after a wash to make sure the paint has nothing on it (sap tar break dust) to get it ready for polishing.. i know its a new car but i always clay.. better safe than sorry!

Now if the car looks fairly swirl and marring free (you can usually tell really well by parking it under a street lamp at night and walking around it or direct sunlight) you can use a nice 1 step like polish with sealant that will take care of light marring and leave your paint with a nice coating of sealant for protection.

if you want to use exp.. you can use pro polish then exp after let it cure for about 24 hours to make sure it has ample time to bond to the paint
then you can bust out the nattys...

Natural look CAN be used on tires but i wouldn't recommend it. sure it may make the tires smell like cherry.. but what you want for tires is bold n bright tire dressing... keep the natural look for the interior

P.s. the easiest way to tell if you can skip claying ont he car is to take a cheap baggy and put it over your hand.. lightly run your hand over the paint...if you feel any resistance that means there are contaminants int he paint that have to be clayed out. If i think of anything else i will add it on...

but yet again

WELCOME!!!

J

jdon0625

OK! lets tackle this from the top!! Welcome to the board! keep all arms and legs inside the ride at all times. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :)

did the dealer "detail" the car before you got it? if so you may have some DISO (dealer installed swirl option) on the paint..

Polish is always the first step (after a good claying) im not sure how much your friend details but claying is usually the first step after a wash to make sure the paint has nothing on it (sap tar break dust) to get it ready for polishing.. i know its a new car but i always clay.. better safe than sorry!

Now if the car looks fairly swirl and marring free (you can usually tell really well by parking it under a street lamp at night and walking around it or direct sunlight) you can use a nice 1 step like polish with sealant that will take care of light marring and leave your paint with a nice coating of sealant for protection.

if you want to use exp.. you can use pro polish then exp after let it cure for about 24 hours to make sure it has ample time to bond to the paint
then you can bust out the nattys...

Natural look CAN be used on tires but i wouldn't recommend it. sure it may make the tires smell like cherry.. but what you want for tires is bold n bright tire dressing... keep the natural look for the interior

P.s. the easiest way to tell if you can skip claying ont he car is to take a cheap baggy and put it over your hand.. lightly run your hand over the paint...if you feel any resistance that means there are contaminants int he paint that have to be clayed out. If i think of anything else i will add it on...

but yet again

WELCOME!!!

Thanks for the welcome.. glad to be here. Everyone knows their stuff!

Well yes they "detailed" the car at "no charge" to me when I picked it up. The tires looked greasy like some kind of silicone was added. They even put a flyer in the car who detailed the car. But overall, they did a pretty good job. I looked over the paint in the bright sun when I first got it last week and I didnt notice any swirl marks.. guess I got lucky. I didnt know there was such thing as DISO. I thought when you buy the car new thats the best the paint will ever look.

The color is "polished metal metallic". The dealer said it was easy to clean. My last car was dark green and it ALWAYS got dusty and it looked really bad after it rained. This color is more of a dark gray but has a nice shine to it

Anyway, I just took a grocery plastic bag over the paint and it didnt get caught anywhere.. so I guess I can skip the claying?

So just to recap.. after a nice wash, apply PwS then dry and do up nattys? In between maintence is just wash + spray+wipe & spray+gloss right?

Thanks again

G

Gus-Gus

I have a Metallic slate Altima there are a few pictures of it around in the poorboys detailing weekend thread.. so i know what you mean.. if it looks good and no swirls then you could do the PwS...im guessing you will be doing it by hand? if they detailed it.. and it looks to be in good shape you could do a nice wash.. scrub off the silicone based tire spray on the tires cause if you drive it int he rain it will strak all over your rims like crazy.. Bold n Bright up the wheels :) then i would hit it with a coat of nattys once a week (if it is a daily driver and sits outside a lot) then if you want to hit it with spray and gloss by all means.. Spray and wipe is good for when a bird decides to use your car as a bathroom and if you dont feel like dragging out the bucket you can use it as a waterless wash if the car is lightly dusted (make sure you have a lot of Micro Fiber towels)

The way i usually do mine is wash and wax then i will spray and gloss it next wash then after the following wash wax again...

heck

Advanced Helper
Well aboard!
I will keep it simple,
Wash, Strong wash http://www.poorboysworld.com/bug-squash.htm
Clay, fine to medium clay, http://www.poorboysworld.com/claybars.htm
Iron x,
Pro polish , http://www.poorboysworld.com/professional-polish.htm
White pads, Prime pads, D/A set speed 5 to 6, (Keep pads clean after each panel)
Wipe clean each panel,
Apply EX or EXP whichever you prefer, set overnight to cure, http://www.poorboysworld.com/exp.htm
Nattys Wax, I like to alter Nattys colors but that"s just me. White/http://www.poorboysworld.com/natty.htm Red/http://www.poorboysworld.com/natty-red.htm

GUS Gus has it all covered for you. I just gave my order of steps. I am sure other differ and we can learn something for everyone!