happy holidays to all quick detailer question?

B

brunorio

I was wondering if the temperature is in the high 30's would that cause a quick detailer to streak and leave residue behind on the car. If so what temperature would be the cut off for using them.I was trying a new product and was not happy with the results this morning in Northern New Jersey.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
welcome to the forum :smt039 Yes, it definitely could cause streaking .. some times a little extra buffing to create some heat and friction will remove them quickly ... in fact i just did my truck Saturday below 40 and I ended up using a couple extra towels.
As for your other question it really depends on how far you are willing to go .. Pockets and I have shown work done in very cold temperatures, but there are obvious adjustments vs a beautiful 75 degree day. ;)

B

brunorio

Thanks am new at this and never had a problem before with a quick detailer till now. Hopefully come April I can get my hands on a flex 3401. Maybe my wife will get it for my birthday. Hope I don't do to much damage with it.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
remember every QD is different and reacts differently to weather as well as towels ... quality towels are more than the answer to most people who have streaking problems ... believe it or not we still see T-shirts and bath towels being used out at car shows.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Try doing smaller sections at a time also. There will be less time for the product to freeze up on the paint.

Another tip is to try to get the paint as warm as you can before QD'ing. In this case, mid to late afternoon would be better than early morning or evening.