Happy Birthday Steve!!

heck

Advanced Helper
Steve, Happy Birthday!
Thank you for all the help & Knowledge you have shared with us all.
Your the best on your special day.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
thanks , Pockets and I went to the NY Auto Show for "work" to see the swirls and competition. There were a lot of swirls and guys with smocks on that said "Professional Detailer" armed with a trusty fan duster :rolleyes: and a nasty looking microfiber for windows ... I was hoping to see more concept vehicles but those we few and not really that far off the current versions :( Pockets took some pictures of some new Ford trucks :D Atlas and A Shelby version of the Raptor .. gee lots of imagination .. what was cool was they have next years body hanging from the ceiling and it's all aluminum ... I was a bit disappointed in the new Sting Ray Corvette .. I swear the back looks like a Camaro on steroids ... the '14 Camaro is a bit different .. has more of the '67 type body ..

Seeing that we have done so many car shows .. the exotics are usual visitors to these shows, so we have actually seen these vehicles up close and most in motion. As far as competitors .. now i remember why we don't do indoor shows .. just love the guys with the microphones and the hood that has been waxed 4000 times ...lol

After the show we trekked back to the van and headed to China Town for some special dumplings :) Lucky for us we found a street spot and even avoided a ticket :smt083 . I took Pockets to a little hole in a wall that mostly only makes dumplings .. just like the episode of Seinfeld, you must stand in line with your cash out and just say how many dollars worth you want... most people get carried away ... $2 gets you 10 dumplings $5 more gets you 30 frozen ones to take home
:smt103 ... so Pockets and I stood in line $9 in hand and the old lady laughed ! I have been going there about 20 years or so.. she pretends not to know much English until you open the the wrong freezer door ... it's one of those have to be there moments ..:rolleyes:
I drove back to the light before the highway, because NYC street driving not for everyone on the lower end of Manhattan, there we played Chinese fire drill in the van and don't ask me much about the ride home as I passed out :smt102

Had a great clam bake seafood dinner with my girls at home and out I went again after a sugar free cake with candles ... :D overall a great day :smt023

P

Pockets

It was a great time and got to see some really awesome things! I will post up some pictures right after I am done packing all these orders from the weekend!